+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New relationship, not sure what to do...

New relationship, not sure what to do...

We've been going out, "officially", for about a week and a half. We've been seeing/dating for over a month though. I last saw my girlfriend last Monday - went to her house, and watched a movie. We talked, cuddled, made out... everything seemed just fine.

I texted her on Tuesday, but she never answered. Again on Thursday, and she never answered. Finally sent her a text saying, "Hey, how's everything going?" on Sunday. She gave me a two word response, "alright, you?" and that was it. I sent her another text yesterday morning, seeing if anything was wrong, since it's been about a week since we've really talked or seen each other or anything. No response from that yet.

People suggested that I try to call her. Only problem with this is that, since we've been going out, we really have never talked on the phone. We've always relied on texting and Facebook when we weren't together. Even when we were going out regularly, we didn't talk *everyday*, but at least every other day or every couple days. Nothing like this.

So, I'm not really sure what the problem is or what I can do. Any advice?

Well.. She's being a witch, and very unfair. Just tell her that if theres a problem then she should talk to you about it and if she doesn't respond just write her off and ignore her back.

You have no idea why she hasn't responded. Maybe labelling your relationship has caused her to get scared. Or maybe she is just busy.

And so what if you have relied on texting, etc up to now. You are in a committed relationship now and should act like it. A phone call is not out of the ordinary in a relationship.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Hm, thanks. I'll probably text her again later, or send her a message on Facebook, and tell her if there's a problem or something wrong just to talk to me about it. Don't exactly think ignoring her is the best way to go about it, I tried that a little last week and got me nowhere, lol.

Just call her lol....she's your girlfriend, right? I think once you give yourself that label you should be communicating over the phone, no? It's only normal. You can't text and facebook your gf every day of your life ... there has to be alot more better communication than that. I say just forget the texting/facebookin'....and give her a call and talk to her live....that way you can hear and sense what's up....

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by WilhelmRyan View Post
    We've been going out, "officially", for about a week and a half. We've been seeing/dating for over a month though. I last saw my girlfriend last Monday - went to her house, and watched a movie. We talked, cuddled, made out... everything seemed just fine.

I texted her on Tuesday, but she never answered. Again on Thursday, and she never answered. Finally sent her a text saying, "Hey, how's everything going?" on Sunday. She gave me a two word response, "alright, you?" and that was it. I sent her another text yesterday morning, seeing if anything was wrong, since it's been about a week since we've really talked or seen each other or anything. No response from that yet.

People suggested that I try to call her. Only problem with this is that, since we've been going out, we really have never talked on the phone. We've always relied on texting and Facebook when we weren't together. Even when we were going out regularly, we didn't talk *everyday*, but at least every other day or every couple days. Nothing like this.

So, I'm not really sure what the problem is or what I can do. Any advice?
    Oof.

Just leave it alone. She'll text/call back if she's interested. Sounds like she's not, though.

Doing anything now is going to be too much.

Eh, busy or no... It's common sense that if you invite someone into your life (like a boyfriend or girlfriend) that you show respect by maintaining contact with that person. Some people have different ideas about how relationships should function. I mean, her phone could be lost, or broken. Either way, if I haven't talked to my boyfriend in a few days, I would find some way to reach out to him. If you can't stay connected while you're apart, then what's the point of the relationship?