+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think there is anyway to fix this?

Think there is anyway to fix this?

Ok, I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, because I tend to write essays, but a girl that I know and I have been going to a youth oriented church thing for awhile, she started inviting me a few months back and for awhile it's been a weekly thing for us to do together. We'd both make sure we didn't have to work so that we could always go.. (we work at the same place). For the past few weeks she hasn't been going and has been working late shifts on the night we usually go to church. I've been told by a couple people that she's been seeing another guy at work. We were talking about it over a beer, and they're just like ," I thought you should know, cause you seem like a good person, and you don't seeem to realize you're being played." I do see them together sometimes, and I've noticed that she's completely changed her schedule to work whenever he does. (She insists on working late now, when she used to never want to.) When I asked her if she was seeing him, she just said that they were friends the same way that her and I are. I let my jealousy get the best of me and asked someone else if they'd wanna come to the church group sometime, and I'm pretty sure it's gotten back to the other girl.

I'm not a manipulative person, and not very good socially, when I was talking to this new girl it just kinda flew out of my mouth, and immediately after I asked her I felt really bad about myself. I thought about asking my friend to come by after work tonight and just get it off my chest. Even if she is playing me I still wanna take the high road and do the right thing. If you were in my shoes what would you do?

How is she playing you? She made it a point to tell you that you're just friends, so why do you expect anything from her other than friendship?

I agree with Merry. You guys were not in a relationship, you're not even dating. This is all just casual.

If you wanted something more, why won't you just tell her and stop being so juvenile? This isn't highschool.

I have told her, she doesn't want to be in a committed relationship with anyone, and that she just wants to have an fwb, if anything. I've always wanted to be more than her fwb, and I've told her so. She said that's sweet but i just don't want a relationship right now. That's fine, I respect that. Do you think I should say something to her about inviting the other girl? If the roles were reversed I might be a little upset with it, if it was something just the two of us had been doing together for awhile.. I dunno maybe I'm overanalyzing things here, I just never know what to do.