+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When to call it a day?

When to call it a day?

If things arent going well in a relationship when do you realise enough is enough?

When you have to ask a forum if enough is enough?

Valid point, I suppose I'm just after confirmation that my actions will be justified.

When that person no longer makes you feel good about yourself and/or you start imagining a future without them.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Don't worry about justification. If you want to do something, DO IT.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    after I realized he can't change and realizing how he currently is isn't going to cut it.

When the idea of being without them is more attractive than the idea of staying with them.

Except for some people the idea of being without someone is never attractive even if they are being abused because they can't stand to be alone. Maybe when the idea of being with someone else is attractive but really if you have to ask it's probably time to break up.

Enough is enough when!

All these comments are into play , but what if your married. I am and I don't know what to do!

When you -

stop liking them
    just want (need) sex, not make love
    wouldn't go home if they died
    realise they are only there for the lifestyle and for their childrens well being
    realise they hate your daughter and your 3yr old grandson
    wish they would simply dissapear and leave everything else in your life in place like they never existed
    realise they are the only thing in your life that makes you miserable
    realise your friends left you becuase of her
    realise why they haven't got a single friend in the world and never have had since school
    realise why friends never call you anymore
    finally come to terms with losing all you worked for for a happy retirement, shared everything you have and will lose, & shunned your family to be told that you are'nt compatible
    work away and pretend you are going on a work trip to another country for a few days becuase you don't want to speak with them
    compare them to anybody else you've had a relationship with and they fall way, way short every single time
    know your parents are so sad at what you've become

and finally -

are close to tears writing this as you resent and despise yourself completely becuase you know in your heart you have to be a gutless, crawling fool just so that you may get some niceness in return

Sorry if I turned this into a me story, I'm just so sad. I hope things work out for you, truly I do.

Murray

If I was married with no kids that would be easy. Let's start splitting stuff up. Do I need a lawyer for this or will you be civil? If there are kids it's a little tricky. If you can hold it together and keep a peaceful household it might be better to keep the family as one. If you are arguing and stuff all the time then it's better for the kids to have one stable parent and possibly find another or another 2 and have 2 families than to deal with constant bickering or how my mom handled things by just not telling my dad and then smoothing it over later when we weren't around. Good role model there. Honestly we were better off with just our mom. Our dad, stepdad, and the other losers she dated only made our lives miserable and stressful. I don't think 2 parents are required to raise children well and so long as both people are civil about it they don't have to since the children can spend time with both parents even if they are apart.

I have no kids and am not married but I am finding myself considering life on my own quite alot lately which can not be a good sign. I odnt know If I love him or am with him because I have no one else and dont want to be alone.