+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So... what do I want? o_o

So... what do I want? o_o

So, I recently broke up with my ex of 2 years ago, and had to stop for a second to wonder... what do I really want.. for now?

I mean, I know for a fact that I don't want a relationship.... at least for a long while. So that leaves me with, random hookups? That would be great and all... except for the fact that I have never done it. (woo, go 23year old semi-introvert!)

So.. after a breakup, what do people normally want following a breakup? If you know me well enough (you've seen my threads over the past, 3 or so years), what do you think I want?

ps, if it wasn't obvious, 'I don't gots game'. I am 23 years old, yet look 19, perhaps. :/ Nothing real "stunning/handson" going on about my looks.
    Last edited by TheTooya; 10-07-11 at 04:31 AM.

First of all, get rid of the selfproclamation that you llok like a child and that ther is nothing stunning about yourself. If a few people want to think that of you, so be it, but don't offer it as a description. You are a full card carrying member of this planet and you are not the lesser to anyone else.
    Some people date others immidiately. Rebounce dating makes you active again, takes your minf off the Ex, and you'll have a sex life. Other people start jogging and cleaning baseboards profusely until they are over their Ex, before they reach out for romance again. Do what you feel like doing.

ps, if it wasn't obvious, 'I don't gots game'. I am 23 years old, yet look 19, perhaps. :/ Nothing real "stunning/handson" going on about my looks.
    Well, I dunno about you, but if I thought that lowly about myself the first thing on my list of things to do would not try to achieve random hook ups or a relationship but rather I'd work on my self esteem, confidence, sense of worth. It'd be well worth the effort in the long run.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Its not a lowly about myself point of view, but more of a.. every single person is surprised that I tell them I am in my twenties.

Self esteem wise, I know I have some issues lingering from my ex pointing at me being overweight, but I already started addressing that by exercising regularly (haven't caught on to eating healthy)

Besides my youthful appearing (that I will apparently appreciate in 10 or so years according to "all" of my coworkers), and my muffin top, I have a great job, and great friends. Lifes pretty happy for me.

___
    edit: I think you are on to something though, on a different note. My ex did her fair share of belittling. Had I had an ounce of dignity, I probably would have left much sooner...
    Last edited by TheTooya; 10-07-11 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Thoughts.