+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think this means? Texting was a mistake

What do you think this means? Texting was a mistake

Hi everybody in the cyber land of the broken hearted.

My boyfriend broke up with me last week. Well, I am not really sure because he asked me to give him two weeks. I posted a poll about that if you want to look for it. Anyway.... The weekend before he called time out, we had a really good time. Wait, I probably should clarify-- I had a great time. I had no clue he was considering a break. His actions did not indicate anything but coupledom bliss.

Ok-- fast forward, he calls for a break and I am upset but say I will give him the two weeks he asked for. A few days passed and I just felt so bad that he isn't sure that he loves me.... I sent him a text that said "I know I said I'd give you time. but I can't do it. You don't love me."

He writes back "I don't think that is the case"

What does that mean???

I should have asked him but I just said something about if he loves me as a friend, that is not the same.... and he knows what I mean. That was 2 days ago and he hasn't responded.

I feel so stupid. Like-- hello-- are you saying you love me? If you do, then why are we back to the silence.

Any insight or thoughts? thanks.

Have you tried being a friend to him?

I guess I have. The thing that has been so painful is we always talked about how close we were and how we can talk about anything. I feel like that was all just BS. Everything was all just BS!

I don't know what you mean specifically. Are you suggesting some action on my part?

PS. Since I was the last to communicate, I feel saying anything more will just make matters worse and I just have to wait for him to respond. For all I know, he is preferring this silence.

Oli know it does not probaly help giving you the same advice. BUT asking for a break is a form of emotional bullying.

I say you do one of the following things:

1. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Slepp with somebody else. He asked fir a break. Well let him see what a break means.

2. Completely ignore him. Fir 2 weeks ignore every text, phone call. Everything! At the end off two weeks he will come back begging.

MadMenOnly-- although that is really good advice....

If I go with option one, short of doing it and then calling him and telling him, he probably would never find out.

Option 2 sounds good. The thing is, I think he the one ignoring me at this point because I texted last. I guess I just feel like, he is never going to talk to me again.

I guess that solves the problem, too. LOL> but I don't like waiting for the time to pass. I think I am going to join a convent.

Trust me AmericnGirl. Although it seems like he is ignoring you know, there will come a time where if he doesn't hear back from you he will feel worried. And after a while he will text you. And at that point you will give yourself 1000 excuses why you should text him back. You will think stupid things like :"its not polite not to reply" etc etc. Been there done that far too many times.

But if you stay strong and don't do ignore him, he will be the one worrying and posting to forums for advice.

As for option 1. I am sure you can find a way to make sure he gets to know that you slept with somebody else. But this advice is not for fixing you relationship but rather giving him a lesson. My opinion is that any relationship with a person like this, is already stewed up anyway. My 5c

From your post to god's ear, madmen!! I would love for him to be worried.... That's the lesson I want to teach him. Not schtooping someone else. LOL! Although maybe I need a good schtooping!!