+ Follow This Topic

Thread: All around changes in where I go

All around changes in where I go

One of the things that I loved with my ex when I was with her is that she lives a block away from the grocery I go to which is a mile away, for a two mile total round trip. She actually lives two doors down from the first duplex I ever lived in as a late teenager which means even though I haven't lived there for years, I'll still look at that place as I drive by it. Now everything has changed between her and I and I have been doing decent on getting over her, although I still have my bad days. Since I have good days and yesterday was one, I figured "So what. I don't need to take the long way around to go where I need to go. Even if her boyfriend's truck is there it will not surprise me at this point". So I had to go to a friend's house who is past the store and her house and all in the same direction, and yes her boyfriend's truck was parked outside and I really didn't think about it too much.

On the way back I figured, ok no big deal now, I can drive by there and not care, sure! Though I was driving down the street and I noticed he had moved his truck in the driveway and had all the doors open. He was outside cleaning his truck and I didn't really get a good look at him but just seeing him there like he has moved in or something really set me back and made me sad all over again.

So we to go to the grocery later because we didn't make the earlier trip and I told myself, I'd just go to another store that is a four mile round trip. I was kind of excited to a degree, thinking this I had no possibility of running into her at the store, but a potential to run into someone new. Anyway long story short (too late!) we were at the grocery for a while and I really just kind of got irritated at the situation. Why the hell do I have to go way out of my way to avoid a chick that doesn't want me anyway? Why is it that I have to see her move on but can't allow myself to do the same?

Anyway just wanted to gripe about it. There was actually an attractive and friendly girl at the checkout who I flirted with about making Sushi so it wasn't a total loss.

I understand your situation. I'm dreading the day to see my ex with someone else in person. It will hurt, and hurt bad. Nothing you can really do other than pretend like you don't care and you're happy for her. I already pictured this moment in my head, if I see my ex with another guy in person. I will make eye contact with her, smile, and give her a thumbs up like she has my approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwo View Post
    I understand your situation. I'm dreading the day to see my ex with someone else in person. It will hurt, and hurt bad. Nothing you can really do other than pretend like you don't care and you're happy for her. I already pictured this moment in my head, if I see my ex with another guy in person. I will make eye contact with her, smile, and give her a thumbs up like she has my approval.
    i tried to tell my ex i was happy for her and she freaked out on me.. now shes telling me to never contact her again.... sometimes shit like that can backfire.

Are you trying to get her back or move on? I'm trying to move on, and I don't plan on contacting her regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Renwo View Post
    I really hope I don't see them out somewhere. She was a homebody when we were together and we didn't get out much. He lives a couple hours away so half the time she will be spending out of town so I'm fortuitous for that as well. I just want to get her out of my head for good. Some days I fell pretty damn good and some days I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach. I do know that I find myself thinking of her less and less which is fantastic! The less I focus on her and our relationship, the more I can focus on getting another job and moving on with my life.