+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Missed call off 'withheld' number

Missed call off 'withheld' number

Hi guys, just want your opinion!

I'm getting about 2 calls a week off a withheld number, no voicemails have been left.

My instincts tell me its my ex.....thoughts?

Seriously though, dude. Did you have a bad break up? Seems kinda creepy if it's your ex. It could be a daft company trying to get in touch, I always have missed calls from unknown numbers...then when they ring back & I answer. It turns out it's some shitty ass insurance company lol.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Wasn't the best break up bro, she ended it by text 3 weeks ago and I wasn't willing to beg for her just so she could single handedly rip my personality to shreds! A week later she text me saying that she still cares about me and that she hopes one day we could talk again. I opted not to reply to this!

I thought it could be what you said (the calls could be from a company) but I just thought it was strange because 95% of the time a company would leave a voicemail, or possibly e-mail me

That was actually happening to me as well. I finally answered it and it happened to be my cell carrier wanting to sell me a new contract because mine had expired.

I reamed them out for not leaving a message and bothering the hell out of me. They can't leave messages here because they can be charged due to the privacy act. We have a "Do Not Call" registry and if they left a voice mail it is proof they called without the rights to.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

There could be a dozen different sources of an unlisted number. I usually find them to be debt collector scams (I don't actually have any debt for collection) or similar. Sometimes it turns out to be a doctor or hospital. The university hospital near here all show up as unlisted or this same number when you call out irregardless of the number needed to dial back in to that department/phone. Sometimes it's a wrong number. Every now and then it's a drunk playing games. That's all on my cell phone which is not listed anywhere and they still manage to get it or dial it by chance.