+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think i might still want my ex back who finished me by text after two years

I think i might still want my ex back who finished me by text after two years

.........Please someone talk me out of it!!!!

I know i've brought this up before, but me and my ex were going great until she ended it by txt with her reason being 'it wasn't working'. I decided to accept defeat and not fight the issue.

After a week of NC she txt me saying she was sorry for the way she ended it and she still cared for me and it was a huge change for her not having me in her life. She also said that she hoped on day we could be on talking terms.

I decided not to text her back..........was that the right thing?

I hate her for what she has done but that doesn't stop me from missing her, tonight I saw a pic of her on facebook and it just reminded me of us soooo much

And know I know that she'll have someone else.........................and i'm worried that i'll never have with someone else what i had with her.

I am just as bad as her for not attempting to make contact?

Someone help!

You did the right thing by not responding. If she texts you again, tell her not to contact you at all unless she wants to get back together. Then continue ignoring anything that doesn't explicitly state that she wants to reconcile.

Anyone who lacks courage to the point that they break up through text isn't worth the effort. My ex dumped me over the phone and even that was cowardly.

Forget her, she lacks integrity, and once you're over her, you'll see it for what it is.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    You don't want to be jealous of her because she'll win. Be happy for her instead.
    I dont get it????

I think i might still want my ex back who finished me by text after two years

.........Please someone talk me out of it!!!!
    Talk you out of what exactly? You didn't respond to her, which seems like the right way to go. You miss her, but you have to understand that missing her doesn't have to be a bad thing. Remember the good things and learn from the rest.

As for you thinking you will never find something like you had with her... you probably won't. Because every relationship is different. That doesn't mean you won't fall in love and meet someone you maybe even enjoy being with more though. The only way you will definitely not find someone is if you continue to obsess over her. It's been two years. Time to step away from it mentally and focus on the future, not the past.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Talk you out of what exactly? You didn't respond to her, which seems like the right way to go. You miss her, but you have to understand that missing her doesn't have to be a bad thing. Remember the good things and learn from the rest.

As for you thinking you will never find something like you had with her... you probably won't. Because every relationship is different. That doesn't mean you won't fall in love and meet someone you maybe even enjoy being with more though. The only way you will definitely not find someone is if you continue to obsess over her. It's been two years. Time to step away from it mentally and focus on the future, not the past.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the words, i see your point and I do appreciate it massively!

I just I miss her man. I miss being able to call and text her whenever I want! just wish she would miss me

I just I miss her man. I miss being able to call and text her whenever I want! just wish she would miss me
    I know. And it is perfectly normal. That is part of what makes things difficult. And a very good reason why you should try to distract yourself. Do more things that you like. Meet new people. Lots of new people. Expand your social circle and make yourself (and your mind) so busy with new adventures that you will think less and less about her.

It is tough, but it is doable. Remember, in time, everything starts to fade and feel a little bit better.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I am being more social and it is helping alot. Its just every now and then she comes to mind

Do you think she'll still be thinking about me