+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is he still with her?

Why is he still with her?

Ok first off, i need to ask you to keep an open mind when reading this. I am by no means a home wrecker.

I met this man that i get along with really well. We met online. Chatted for weeks. We finally met. Sparks flew. The chemistry was and still is red hot.

Now the kicker is that he has a live in girlfriend this past 3 years. Now, before you start bashing me, i have to say that this kind of thing i dont do. I am the first person to say, run, run fast. But the problem is that i really truully think he is meant for me.

I know hes not happy. From what he tells me, she is lazy, controlling, and he is tired of it. He says he is falling out of love with her. This is not the kind of guy that cheats. We havent even kissed. But we both want to. He is constantly asking me what to do? I wont advise him. The worst thing i can do is tell him what he should do. Dont men hate that? Isnt that the situation he is in right now? I dont want to tell him to leave her, even though thats exactly what i want to say. I wont even bring her up.

When he is with me, she is constantly calling and texting him, he cant pee without her knowing it. We have been friends now for 8 months. I want to move things along. I need advise.

I want to call him a pussy. I want to say that if he is unhappy now, it will only get worse. I want to say that i am not going to wait around. I want to tell soooo much, but i am biting my tongue.

1. He's a cheater and he's cheating with you......(emotional affair)
    2. He's not going to leave her for you, if he was, he would have.
    3. What makes you so sure he's going to date you right after ending it with her?
    4. If you were to enter a relationship with him, look at the horrible start to it all.

Think about it. Instead of ending his "miserable" relationship he confides in YOU. Is that the kind of guy you wanna date? I'm sorry to inform you but this situation is no different than any of the others here who said they met a guy....."he's great, but here's the kicker, he has a gf. They hate each other and he says he's gonna end it soon but that was 3 months ago." You should move along, but I have a funny feeling you'll try to stick it out right? G'luck with that.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he's tired of her, he should leave her. Any other excuse is ridiculous, and just an excuse to cheat on her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by guessgurl View Post
    But the problem is that i really truully think he is meant for me.
    Every person, in every affair needs to believe its 'special' in order to justify their actions. You aren't even dating, how the hell can you know he's truly meant for you?

Anyway, he's a cheater, you're a cheater, you do deserve each other. Do this gal a favour and get him to dump her. They aren't married, there's no children. Alls fair in love and war, etc.

Don't forget to post back here when he dumps you the same way, LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He's painting himself to be the victim here, when in reality, he could be (and most likely is) part of the problem in his current relationship. You're choosing to believe him and sympathize with him because it's getting you his attention. I can bet my life that if he leaves her, he'll use you as a transitional doormat before he's ready to start dating seriously again, and then he'll leave you in the dust. He's just too afraid to do the dirty work and take some responsibility for himself. He wants a sympathetic mommy figure to be there for him while he gets his sh*t together.

This is not the type of person you want in your life.

And dont forget - the easiest thing for him to tell you is how unhappy he is with his lady. But be skeptical. Dont bank on this guy leaving his girl for you.

Wow, how old are you IndieReloaded? 12? You sound like a scorned little girl. I was asking for male advise.

'

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, how old are you IndieReloaded? 12? You sound like a scorned little girl. I was asking for male advise.
    So this is one of those threads where everyone tells you the truth about your situation, it's not what you want to hear, and so you throw a tantrum?

Cool.

Well too bad. You come to an open forum sharing that you are a "home wrecker" but denying that fact and you're going to get opinions from anyone who wants to tell you what you are.

He is constantly asking me what to do? I wont advise him. The worst thing i can do is tell him what he should do. Dont men hate that? Isnt that the situation he is in right now? I dont want to tell him to leave her, even though thats exactly what i want to say.
    You're a weak and disingenuous person then. If you want him so bad then stop being afraid of the answer and tell him to leave her and jump on you. Come back and tell us that how all of a sudden she's wonderful and not half as bad as he led YOU to believe.

As Indi said, come back and tell us when he does the same thing to you that he's currently doing to his partner. Hey: The possiblity exists you're just reading into it all and he thinks of you like you're one of the guys but he can't tell his real home-boys because its too sensitive to be spilling to people he actually likes and knows well???? Like why you came here wanting to hear what you want to hear. Silly girl.

Your question was "Why is he still with her?" Likely because he loves her and he's priming you to be some tail on the side.. duh! Stop the insanity and don't be that girl. Surely you have a better self worth than you're painting yourself to have?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-07-11 at 11:59 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks to all of you for your warm and thoughtfull advice. Thankyou for calling me a homewrecker. Thankyou for reading my post and getting the facts before judgement. Thanks for being mature adults when replying.

I decided to follow my heart and go ahead and tell him how I feel. He broke up with his girlfriend. He chose to be with me. You all may be right about him doing the same to me in the future. I will take that chance because I am a strong beautiful woman with only one life to live. And I plan on living happy. Again thanks to all of you.

He was living with her and dating her for 3 years.

They broke up 2 days ago and now he is with you

Yeah best of luck with that one. When he hits the grieving stage for his last relationship and starts missing his ex girlfriend in a few weeks make sure you give him loads of hugs

Thanks to all of you for your warm and thoughtfull advice. Thankyou for calling me a homewrecker. Thankyou for reading my post and getting the facts before judgement. Thanks for being mature adults when replying.

I decided to follow my heart and go ahead and tell him how I feel. He broke up with his girlfriend. He chose to be with me. You all may be right about him doing the same to me in the future. I will take that chance because I am a strong beautiful woman with only one life to live. And I plan on living happy. Again thanks to all of you.
    Maybe everything will work out the way you want. I'm not here to pass the judgment on your hopes and dreams, just on your bullshit attitude.

Cut the crap. You didn't want our advice, you wanted our approval. Next time, just tell us what you want to hear instead of pretending that you want advice.

Also, knock off the fake bullshit happiness, you lying fraud. I don't even believe you, that everything worked out happily ever after in just 10 hours. More likely, you're just pissed at the frank, solid advice that you got here, and now you're going to post the same fake questions somewhere else or whine to your unsympathetic friends some more. Whatever. Your relationship with this guy started with him cheating on someone, and that's very likely how it will end, but you apparently need to learn that the hard way. Have fun.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Who you tryin ta kid, schweet heart?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Excellent. Like I said, you deserve each other. Assuming your story is even true, I think he did her a favour--now she can find someone more compatible. There's a rule for cheaters: he did it to her, he'll do it to you. You'll never be able to fully trust him. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lolololololololol0loololololololol