+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get her to open up and tell her how I feel without being rude?

How do I get her to open up and tell her how I feel without being rude?

I'm 19 and home on break from college

I met a girl at the park i work at. Her and her 2 female friends asked me to take a few pics of them and I did. I didn't really talk much or start a convo. That was the first time good looking girls had been in the park, but I couldn't strike up a convo or anything. My friend/ coworker told me one of the girls used to go to school (high school) with us and he was friends with her on Facebook. So we had the incredible idea of me messaging her on Facebook that I found a ring at the park and was wondering if her or one of her friend had lost a ring Just so I could start conversation with her. So I did, i ended up getting her phone number and we have been texting for like 6 days. I asked her out and she said she wasn't sure because she barely knew me. She said she will go once she gets to know me better. So i said that's cool, i understand, I'll take u out after we get more familiar with each other. But I'm always the one texting her and starting the convo. She will be talkative and stuff but when I ask her questions she hardly ever asks like how about you, or anything like that. So I feel like I'm just getting played but she told me she is a girl that didn't play games and is a straight forward girl. It bothers me that she never texts me. I waited 2 days before to text her and I also didn't text her yesterday in hopes that she may text me, but it didn't happen. I have also told her if that she isn't interested, she can just tell me and she said lol I know. Whenever I ask her if she just wants to hangout, she is always busy, which I can understand that could be true because her parents force her to watch her brother's baseball games and stuff. She just isn't putting in an effort to hangout or get to know me. I wanna send her a text something along the lines of I feel like she isn't trying to know me and I don't feel like getting played, I just wanna know if there could ever be anything, if not, to just let me know. What should i tell her? So i don't waste all my time on this girl

This is a mirror opposite of something I experienced a few years ago. I had this attractive blonde who I met at a party, we got on really well and had a snog at the end of the night, I got her number and long story short I proved more keen with the texting than she did. It didnt end well for me, but i learnt from that. The problem you have is that you stated you want to ask her out, she on the other side is thinking I've never even seen this guy and he's saying that, hence the excuses. I mistaked that for hard to get as it turns out it's hard to never get. Your gonna have to cut her loose. Something I learnt from the whole day by day texting saga is that womens minds are not really designed for it, emails the same. Girls have to see a guy on a regular basis in order to feel any kind of sexual attraction for him, and to reduce discomfort. Instead what I do now is on a night out when I meet a girl before I get the number at the end of the conversation I ask her to join me doing something the following day. The one I use is 'im going to the shops to buy a present for someone, and I need a female companion.' this works like a charm and ensures you don't have to put yourself through all this texting rubbish which if you've only met her once beforehand 9 times out of 10 you will be rejected. As for this girl, she's taking you for a ride, I would delete her number and save yourself the frustration.

Hope I've helped,
    Last edited by jamie2010taylor; 15-07-11 at 05:45 PM.

My friend/ coworker told me one of the girls used to go to school (high school) with us and he was friends with her on Facebook.

maybe she is just shy, but honestly... I don't know about her because I am shy too but if a guy text me I would text them back maybe not immediately so they won't think i am desperate but just leave her alone for now. If you do like her why don't you ask your friend to hook you up and go on a double date or something since you mentioned that your friend added her on Facebook. Probably she is scared and hesitant because i know i usually ignore people's request when they go ask me out without getting to know me more. I been talking to guys on an online dating site and next thing you know the guys are asking for your number and asking you out. I don't like that.I rather they talk to me more so that I know I will feel comfortable around them and they aren't some guy that just want sex and be done with it. She doesn't know you, so why are you forcing her to make such a hard decision, you should give her some space. She probably thinks your a good guy, but needs to tone it down a notch.

But if she doesn't text you back, it sort of means she's not interested because is she was comfortable enough to give you her number then she might as well be comfortable in texting you first sometimes. I would just leave her alone and move on.

Bottom line: if you are doing all the work, she's not interested.

Don't play the "hard to get" game unless you really like it, you'll usually end up hurt or frustrated.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by jamie2010taylor View Post
    This is a mirror opposite of something I experienced a few years ago. I had this attractive blonde who I met at a party, we got on really well and had a snog at the end of the night, I got her number and long story short I proved more keen with the texting than she did. It didnt end well for me, but i learnt from that. The problem you have is that you stated you want to ask her out, she on the other side is thinking I've never even seen this guy and he's saying that, hence the excuses. I mistaked that for hard to get as it turns out it's hard to never get. Your gonna have to cut her loose. Something I learnt from the whole day by day texting saga is that womens minds are not really designed for it, emails the same. Girls have to see a guy on a regular basis in order to feel any kind of sexual attraction for him, and to reduce discomfort. Instead what I do now is on a night out when I meet a girl before I get the number at the end of the conversation I ask her to join me doing something the following day. The one I use is 'im going to the shops to buy a present for someone, and I need a female companion.' this works like a charm and ensures you don't have to put yourself through all this texting rubbish which if you've only met her once beforehand 9 times out of 10 you will be rejected. As for this girl, she's taking you for a ride, I would delete her number and save yourself the frustration.

Hope I've helped,
    thats some good info. but im stubborn and stupid so before i cut ties im gonna at least go for broke.

Quote Originally Posted by iamminzy View Post
    My friend/ coworker told me one of the girls used to go to school (high school) with us and he was friends with her on Facebook.

maybe she is just shy, but honestly... I don't know about her because I am shy too but if a guy text me I would text them back maybe not immediately so they won't think i am desperate but just leave her alone for now. If you do like her why don't you ask your friend to hook you up and go on a double date or something since you mentioned that your friend added her on Facebook. Probably she is scared and hesitant because i know i usually ignore people's request when they go ask me out without getting to know me more. I been talking to guys on an online dating site and next thing you know the guys are asking for your number and asking you out. I don't like that.I rather they talk to me more so that I know I will feel comfortable around them and they aren't some guy that just want sex and be done with it. She doesn't know you, so why are you forcing her to make such a hard decision, you should give her some space. She probably thinks your a good guy, but needs to tone it down a notch.

But if she doesn't text you back, it sort of means she's not interested because is she was comfortable enough to give you her number then she might as well be comfortable in texting you first sometimes. I would just leave her alone and move on.
    my friend doesnt know her that well, they just know of eachother lol. and i had told her that i was sorry for coming on too strong, i guess i shouldnt have said the date word lol

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Bottom line: if you are doing all the work, she's not interested.

Don't play the "hard to get" game unless you really like it, you'll usually end up hurt or frustrated.
    if anything, she is playing extremely hard to get. she talked like she would go out with me, and hinted interest, but never initiates anything, i know im getting played, but like a dumb dog im gonna keep coming back until i know there is a 0% shot

i wanna send her a text saying something like, i can tell ur obviously not interested, but im stubborn (we have talked about eachothers stubbornness before) i still wanna hangout with u, im pretty sure im being left out to dry, then i wanna ask her to go somewhere, but i have no ideas where to take her. would it be a good idea to have her over my cousins? he buys me beer and lets me drink over there, she told me she is an alcoholic so that a good idea? probly not, our first time hanging out probly shouldnt be over alcohol sitting around with my cousin. i have no ideas where to go