+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My bf spends too much money on me!

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Isn't it clear that I still am (as well as many other women on this forum are) very much attracted to the generosity of men of that sort? I think, on that point, it is safe to say that the quality/role of a provider in a man can sustain interest.

I didn't think your inquiry into the number of failed relationships was relevant to the discussion because the discussion was not about my personal experience or yours. I was merely making an observation about the general opinion and desires voiced by the many female LF posters here. The majority consensus is that they ARE attracted to men who are able to take the role of the provider and are generous with his money while dating.

You are just here for a good debate? LOL. More of a desperate assertion of your own beliefs and hostile reaction to those who disagree with you. And when you finally realize you lack support and is faced with widespread hostility and dislike, you retreat pretentiously in a facade of friendliness and pretend you are in it just for the "good debate"?

You are entitled to your opinion and beliefs. That's fine if that is how YOU want to be treated. But many women like the man to play the role of a provider (regardless of how capable they are of providing for themselves) because it makes them feel more of a woman and they feel like they have more of a man. There is no lack of morality here, it is just what many ladies desire. For men who want to go dutch, there is no judgment from me either and they should find a woman who shares the same perspective. I hope you will not continue to judge people who don't share the same beliefs as you by attaching some arbitrary morality tags to it.
    I'll make no attempt to be friendly with you because I don't think anything you say is worth being friendly about. You are an entitlement princess and I have never liked women like you. I'll make no jest with you. Your opinions mean **** all most times IMO. At least the others that have a differing opinion than I have some decent things to say. Even those who call me cunt I respect better than I do you.

Pfffft.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I'll make no attempt to be friendly with you because I don't think anything you say is worth being friendly about. You are an entitlement princess and I have never liked women like you. I'll make no jest with you. Your opinions mean **** all most times IMO. At least the others that have a differing opinion than I have some decent things to say. Even those who call me cunt I respect better than I do you.

Pfffft.
    yeah, i must retract my cunt thing, thought you were a guy. my bad. i need to come here more often and familiarize myself with peoples more.

on the other hand, we do need to remember that we all of us are 100% different IRL than we appear to be here.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    yeah, i must retract my cunt thing, thought you were a guy. my bad.
    Wait what you only use it on guys? I never use the word because my grandmother whooped my ass when I was like 11 because I used it lol.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    yeah, i must retract my cunt thing, thought you were a guy. my bad. i need to come here more often and familiarize myself with peoples more.

on the other hand, we do need to remember that we all of us are 100% different IRL than we appear to be here.
    So you'd say that to a guy advocating equality, but not to a woman? Interesting.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post

It's interesting that in the Ask a Man forum only two men (that I can tell) answered. Where are the men that always want to pay and how lucky are they in love in general?
    Actually, it's not so interesting that more women answer than men. When you hit the "new posts" button, the threads ALL pop up in reverse chronological order, and most posters don't care which sub-forum a thread appears. For this reason, most long-term posters have agreed that the male/female sub-forums should be abandoned.

Also, I know that more than 2 males posting in this thread have felt that treating a woman they are interested in isn't such a big deal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, it's not so interesting that more women answer than men. When you hit the "new posts" button, the threads ALL pop up in reverse chronological order, and most posters don't care which sub-forum a thread appears. For this reason, most long-term posters have agreed that the male/female sub-forums should be abandoned.

Also, I know that more than 2 males posting in this thread have felt that treating a woman they are interested in isn't such a big deal.
    Treating, no. ALWAYS paying when she's indicated that she'd like to reciprocate, yes. Sorry, I'm a believer in equal rights, and I *gasp* think that equal means equal.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Treating, no. ALWAYS paying when she's indicated that she'd like to reciprocate, yes. Sorry, I'm a believer in equal rights, and I *gasp* think that equal means equal.
    You don't really believe there is any gender equality at all, do you? Until men can give birth, gender equality is a fantasy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You don't really believe there is any gender equality at all, do you? Until men can give birth, gender equality is a fantasy.
    Amen!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a guy asks me on a date [if I were single], I would expect he pays. If I ask him, I pay. Actually, this is how it works in polite society. I have male friends and this is exactly how we do it.

If someone asks me on an expensive date and turns out they can't really afford it, I would come to some compromise (so noone is embarrassed) but I would take it as a bad indication of his judgement. People should only take others on dates that are within their budget.

The whole M-F 'equality' issue is silly. Of course the sexes aren't equal. That doesn't mean inferior/superior, just different. Mutual respect is what is important. If we were completely equal, what would we need each other for?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People really ask others on dates they can't afford?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post

Wow.
    A boyfriend of mine (now ex) took me out to one of San Diego's best, most expensive restaurants for my birthday and bitched the whole night about everything I ordered. From the bottled water to the bottle of wine (which I ended up declining because he very not-so-subtly told me he couldn't afford it). He even ordered a smaller entree so that I could splurge. At the end of the dinner he said, "I hope my card doesn't come back declined." I kid you not.

I was mortified and thought, "Thank God I brought my debit card." That was the final straw in that relationship.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    A boyfriend of mine (now ex) took me out to one of San Diego's best, most expensive restaurants for my birthday and bitched the whole night about everything I ordered. From the bottled water to the bottle of wine (which I ended up declining because he very not-so-subtly told me he couldn't afford it). He even ordered a smaller entree so that I could splurge. At the end of the dinner he said, "I hope my card doesn't come back declined." I kid you not.

I was mortified and thought, "Thank God I brought my debit card." That was the final straw in that relationship.
    el oh el.

Despite doing well now, I've been poor before. I can't even imagine being in the above scenario.

Amazing.

Wow.
    There's an old douche type trick that I've heard of guys doing....Guy meets girl on dating site, guy asks girl out to an expensive restaurant, they get to the restaurant, he orders expensive wine or cocktails and starts pounding them back. he drinks himself to oblivion and gets tossed out....there she is stuck having to pay the bill......he got himself a free night of drinking.

el oh el.

Despite doing well now, I've been poor before. I can't even imagine being in the above scenario.

Amazing.
    Funny thing was that I'd never been there, nor do I frequent restaurants that costly. I knew that he'd given up his job previously to adjust his class schedule and that was fine. I never asked for anything for my birthday and when he said he was taking me out I imagined that it was in his price range. There were so many other places we could've gone where his dollar would've gone so much further and I would have been perfectly content.

I felt a bit concerned when we took the elevator to the top of one of San Diego's financial buildings. When I broke up with him soon after the birthday dinner, I told him that I'm not going to be with someone so irresponsible with money or my feelings. I was so embarrassed that evening when I had to decline the bottle of wine. They brought my dessert out with a beautiful "Happy Birthday" message in script on the plate. If I'd had to pay, I would've died. He looked at me bewildered when I explained all this and stated that he didn't mean to make me uncomfortable. I said, "How did you think I was going to feel when I the bottle of Evian I ordered was met with, 'I bet that bottle is expensive.'" o.O

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    There were so many other places we could've gone where his dollar would've gone so much further and I would have been perfectly content.
    See, and that's just it. Seems like everyone should understand this.

Sounds like you've got a good guy now, though. Good for you.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast