+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do...

What to do...

It's been 3 weeks since the relationship ended. Had NC for about 8 days, and she broke it with a text Monday. Talked on the phone for the first time yesterday afternoon (she called me). I've been a lot worse since the conversation. Last night I sent a text saying, "It was the first time I heard your voice in 3 weeks. I love you. It sucks so bad our picture is crumbled. I will never forget about us." She replied, "Don't do this to me."

Today I feel horrible. I'm in no way or form trying to get her back, and I'm fairly certain she already has someone else in her life. I know she loves me, and I know she wants me to fight for our relationship, but I also know as much as I love her, I don't have a future with her anymore. It's a situation where my heart wants her back, but my mind doesn't. So I'm torn inside with an inner battle of emotions and logic.

We have broken up numerous times in the past. Duration varied between a few days and up to a month. It has never been a stable relationship, but some magnetic force always brings us back together. She thinks we are soul mates, and our chemistry is definitely extraordinary.

I will initiate NC again starting today, but most likely she will break it with a text. I can't just ignore her, she was my best friend. I just don't know what to do.

Why is she contacting you? And you don't HAVE to ignore her. Just politely respond with 'I do not think it is a good idea for us to be in contact for a while'. However long it takes when you have purged her from your system you may be able to resume contact. Otherwise you will continue to have those horrible days after contact, knowing you are not getting back together.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

The first time she texted me she just said, "Hope you're happy and doing good." Yesterday she called because I ran into her cousin the night before and her cousin and I had a verbal altercation.