+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Its been almost two months

Its been almost two months

Since I broke up with my gf. We were clearly not meant to be together. We hurted each other so many times. We are both so much better off without each other.

Why do I still miss her? Why does my heart still aches when I see her facebook profile?

Delete and block her from your Facebook. It'll cause nothing but more heartache.

Because unfortunately there is no switch to turn off love even if you loved the wrong one and it simply takes time to heal...

So be patient and gentle with yourself - some day you will be able to look at her and smile!

Kyeema

Thanks Kyeema :-)

Wrong not wrong who knows really, what would you know! come on a perfect one, there is not such a thing, all relationships go through trouble and fights it is up to the couple to want to fix things and work them thru or just run away and assume that person you are with is not the one . I guess is an easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokity View Post
    it is up to the couple to want to fix things and work them
    I wish she would have seen things that way...
    Last edited by FeelingCalledL; 21-07-11 at 03:10 AM.

Don't take hellokitty's advice, if you felt it was wrong, IT WAS WRONG. Its only worth working through if you feel RIGHT about the relationship.

You did what you have to do, and you need to believe you made the right decision.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

It's been one year, and it still hurts me to see any part of my ex'es life...even though I know we were completely wrong for each other. It's jsut a part of yourself that is so raw and sensitive, that it may always feels a little weird with an ex. As someone mentioned, there's no point in aggravating that pain. Just cut off all contact with them, block them, delete them in all possible ways and move on. Trust me, it helps a LOT!! You start thinking about yourself, and your life, and goals...and stop caring about your ex. I made a mistake of unblocking my ex from facebook a few months ago...and saw pics of him and his new gf....it hurt a lot! There's no point in doing things like that. Block/ delete them, take a deep breath, let your past go, and move on. We're here for you if you need anymore support.

Quote Originally Posted by hope555 View Post
    It's been one year, and it still hurts me to see any part of my ex'es life...even though I know we were completely wrong for each other. It's jsut a part of yourself that is so raw and sensitive, that it may always feels a little weird with an ex. As someone mentioned, there's no point in aggravating that pain. Just cut off all contact with them, block them, delete them in all possible ways and move on. Trust me, it helps a LOT!! You start thinking about yourself, and your life, and goals...and stop caring about your ex. I made a mistake of unblocking my ex from facebook a few months ago...and saw pics of him and his new gf....it hurt a lot! There's no point in doing things like that. Block/ delete them, take a deep breath, let your past go, and move on. We're here for you if you need anymore support.
    Thanks! You are right. The only thing is that I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing that I blocked/deleted her.
    Last edited by FeelingCalledL; 21-07-11 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelingCalledL View Post
    Thanks! You are right. The only thing is that I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing that I blocked/deleted her.
    The less she knows about you and your life, the better. You will make progress if you delete/block her. You could even go a step further like me and install a site blocker, block her profile, and set a master password of random characters. I just hit the keyboard and saved it so I'll have to jump through hoops in order to view her profile. If I ever have some crazy moment of weakness, I'll probably realize half way through completing the steps to get past the site blocker that what I'm doing will cause me way more pain. Who cares what she thinks if you delete/block her? She isn't a part of your life anymore and you have to accept it. Move on. Start your recovery.

... Wow, I really need to take my own advice sometimes.

Yeah I just completely deleted my fb because I did not want too look at my ex's stuff. It sucks man, when you relationships are hard work and sometimes people just grow out of eachother. Me and my ex are not together but we have been talking, but i've decided its doing more bad then good, causes me too be so emotionally broken. But going through that stuff builds character, so except that your romance was a bust, and move on to bigger and better things!