+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice please... do I tell her I read her journal and learned of her affair?

Op, why would you want to stay with a cheating, lying slut?
    Keep your self respect and dump her. If you 'forgave her' she'll do it again but be more careful. You'll never be able to trust her.

Have some fun with it, say you spoke to 'malc' or whatever he's called, he said he knows you quite well.... make her squirm, see if she confesses, tell her he's bragged to all the guys about what a slut you are then dump her ass!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    HeartIsAching.... So it sounds like you would be cool with the idea of me putting my journal on her night stand and letting her open it to find out that I read hers...
    No, you've got it backwards. If my wife were keeping a journal, she could leave it on the kitchen table and I wouldn't pick it up and read it.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    I don't think he did? why would a woman keep a journal from her partner? isn't he supposed to know everything about her? or is it because they are not married?
    I'm a little confused about this?
    Just because you're in a relationship it doesn't mean that you have to give up your own identity and personal thoughts to that person. Whats in our heads is ours to hold onto unless we feel like sharing. He basically stole her personal thoughts, really. If she blogged her affair in an open forum then that would be her wanting to share her inner most thoughts with anyone who wanted to read them.

Her leaving it out means one of two things, IMO:
    1. She wanted him to read it because she doesn't know how to end it with him (because she's a weak and selfish twat) or..
    2. She literally trusted him that much that she thought he'd never open something so personal.

As I said though I think the snooping portion of this story is the least of Op's worries. He has bigger fish to fry then wondering if he did wrong. (he knows he did wrong anyway or he wouldn't be looking for opening dialogue that will make him look less like a bad guy).
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-07-11 at 02:10 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12