+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like everyone else, I have a problem.

My only problem with that is that I don't want her to feel pressured into dating me so that I'll stay at the job. We are pretty short-staffed and I'm doing a full-time positions worth of work in part-time hours. I still have some time to figure out what I'm going to do, while she's doing great, it'll still be about a week before she's back on her feet.

Hi... I am actually not sure if I know you or not. If not, I know someone in almost this exact situation... it is... uncanny.

I am just going to reply to the info you gave, and assume you are not that person.

If you love her, don't care about what others think. I feel sure that she is attracted to you too or she would not keep you around. She may, however, not believe that something can truly develop because of the age difference... she may be unsure. The only thing to do is tell her how you feel and get a straight answer. If she doesn't feel the same way, you don't want to continue this way and get too emotionally involved. You will just end up feeling used in the end. If she does feel the same way, then you can stop wondering. I am sure she already has an inclination about how you feel for her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds icky. Pass.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If she says yes, then great. Have your fun. If she says no, then move on. Its all you can do. Take a break and go fishing again. I found myself easier to cope with rejection after several times of being rejected. (If that makes sense.) Not to be mean, but the song by The Offspring- Stuff is messed up. is a good song to listen too, to make you feel better about yourself. Look it up on youtube. The song makes a great point about life in general. Trust me, you wont feel out of place.
    Last edited by Agent85; 22-07-11 at 02:09 PM. Reason: I need to take English courses again.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgianna View Post
    Hi... I am actually not sure if I know you or not. If not, I know someone in almost this exact situation... it is... uncanny.

I am just going to reply to the info you gave, and assume you are not that person.
    That is pretty odd, given that I've provided some fairly unique and specific circumstances.
    Not many people know how I feel. The mutual friend I've referenced almost certainly does. For quite some time, he was on a mission to set both of us up with various friends of friends he thought would be good matches and in the last few weeks, he's pretty much stopped entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent85 View Post
    If she says yes, then great. Have your fun.
    Not so much a 'have my fun' thing. I suspect that if she says yes, I'll end up proposing before years end.

Well, I just came from checking on her and bringing some food (as I've done everyday she's been sick except yesterday) she hadn't mentioned anything, all day, about the flowers I left at her door yesterday while she was in the hospital.
    When we sat down to chat, she mentioned that she had figured out who they were from and blushed hugely. (oops, I forgot to put a card in them.) I swear, I think I almost had a heart attack watching her blush! At this point, nothing makes me happier than making her happy.
    Last edited by nopersonaldata; 23-07-11 at 06:08 AM. Reason: posted by mobile, phone screwed my post up

Harold and Maude is a movie you should watch.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

One of my aunts is 65. About ten years ago her no-good-for-nothing husband left her for a younger girl (a student of his if I remember). A few years or so later she met a younger guy. He must be in his early fourties now, so in his thirties then. To her surprise they it hit it off well, and they are still together after a decade.

Now, this relationship is far from perfect. But I guess this proves it can work.

About her being your boss, you could always become business partners if things work out romantically between you.

What worries me a bit is how ill she is. Is this a temporary problem or has she been struggling with this disease for a long time? You mentioned an operation? Will she recover quickly? I hope you don't have an extra job as nurse-for-life ahead of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12