+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have come for advice

I have come for advice

This isnt a HUGE issue like some people on this site are dealing with...so I apologize in advance if this offends anyone. ("Who the hell is this new guy coming here with his BS problems")

I am a 25 year old Correctional Officer. I have been seeing a 28 year old hispanic woman (lived in Mexico until she was about 12) for about 6 months now. I have never dated a hispanic woman, and I am just now learning about their culture. She is a very busy person, so we can only do things together about every other week. Her birthday is coming up, and I want to get her something special (the only things I have bought for her so far is dinner, movies, etc...). She is of Aztec decent (south western mexico). She is a very easy-going and caring person. She does not drink or smoke (in fact her first sip of alcohol was on our 4th date...she decided to try a sip of my wine). She was baptized Catholic, but does not practice it. So, I guess my question is (sorry to make this short, i have to get to work)....does anyone have any gift ideas? I would like to get her something that has to do with her Aztec heritage.

Thank you for your help, everyone!

I would recommend something from the heart instead......something that would have meaning for the both of you, something romantic.

How about a Pinata?

Dude, You sound like youre dating a person from another Planet...LOL Just get her something a girl would like. Jewelery perhaps?

Also, shes not Hispanic, she's Latina. There's a difference

Smackie, thanks for your input. It will taken it under advisement.

The "hispanic" vs."latina" thing is just because of the area of the US I am from. I don't think I have ever heard someone from Mexico call themselves "latina/latino". They call themselves "hispanic" around here. I have noticed other places are different in that respect.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMother View Post
    Smackie, thanks for your input. It will taken it under advisement.

The "hispanic" vs."latina" thing is just because of the area of the US I am from. I don't think I have ever heard someone from Mexico call themselves "latina/latino". They call themselves "hispanic" around here. I have noticed other places are different in that respect.

Thanks again
    Actually we do. No ones likely to get offended by it by you might be written off as a stupid gringo. I'm Mexican and I can't tell you how many times I've been called Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    How about a Pinata?

Dude, You sound like youre dating a person from another Planet...LOL Just get her something a girl would like. Jewelery perhaps?

Also, shes not Hispanic, she's Latina. There's a difference
    Being that "Hispanic" was a term invented by the State Department as a way to mean people of Latin descent that excludes Italians, yes there is a difference.

Is your Relationship dieing? Well boost it back up by using this Guide to Sending Romantic Text Messages!
    [url=http://www.texttheromanceback.com/?hop=majordeal9&pid=hp]Text The Romance Back with Michael Fiore[/url]

The whole "hispanic" "latino" thing I don't see as an issue. Like I stated...the Mexicans in the area where I live call THEMSELVES hispanic. I'm not saying it's right or wrong...it's just what everyone says around here.

I remember my girlfriend asking me, "have you ever dated a hispanic girl?" on our second date.

Spammer! Stop it!
    this is what i meant by signature mutilation.

big no no those links are.

kak dala privet.

Regarding the gift, I would suggest something that is romantic or special just to her. Not everyone likes to be defined by their heritage. What type of things does she like? Is there something about where you first went out together that would make a great gift?

If you are sure about the Aztec thing, then just go for a piece of Aztec jewelry or something. If there are no stores in your area that carry items like that, I am sure you can find something online.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!