+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi, I'm Lonnie

Hi, I'm Lonnie

Greetings everyone.

I will be very upfront... the only reason that I joined this forum, is that I have my own forum that's grown kind of quiet lately and I did a google search to an online discussion forum exchange (figuring it was a way to let others know about my site and to see what other sites look like as well).

Yours looks very nice, so I thought I would check it out.

My online discussion forum has a myriad of topics inluding, but certainly not limited to, relationships, parenting... if you would like to check it out, I would be honored if you visited me at [url=http://www.wheresoursquirrel.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi]The Squirrel Forum - Index[/url]

Sincerely,
    Lonnie

The reason this site is successful is that it is very fast paced and the update post bar on the side makes it easier to find the newest posts without searching. I have posted on many sites, and moderate a woman's site, and I have found what kills a site is advertising, and a moderator that posts constantly. Another problem I find with some sites is the lack of a moderator or administrator. One site I used to be on, there was a one week delay for membership, so many just ditch it because people want answers now not next week. The ability to edit your post anytime is a must. Once my old site took out that option, membership drop majorly. You have to give what the people want. If you run a site, pay attention to the complaints and make changes.

OK I looked at your site and I see issues already. You have too much crap on there. You should keep it to one subject matter, not a million different topics that don't relate to each other. Politics mixed with parenting? The birthday board is a waste of space. Secondly the name you choose for your site. When people are looking for love advice, they will go to a site that has "LOVE" or "relationships" in the title. If you see your site as a business you need to treat it as such, and dont make it personal. Look at what works well for others and make the changes.

Love forums will always be a hit because everyone is need of quick advice about their relationship or dating. And keep a forum as simple as possible, don't clog it up with so many choices.