+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i don't know what to think

i don't know what to think

hello

I hope that someone will be able to give some advice.

I have met a guy. I saw him a lot because he has been working nearby my home. We got on well, and at first i just thought that he was being friendly. As the days went by I began to notice him more - he was almost always trying to chat with me and really made me laugh, the more i laughed the more he teased me. It was in a jokey way, nothing horrible but he did it so much. I hadn't laughed so much in ages.

I broke up with my partner a few months ago. This guy asked me if my ex partner comes round, he also asked me if i am still with him, which i thought odd. He has seen my ex because he came over to see our children. He (the guy) got to know my name, and teased me about it. Since then i have noticed that he's been 'around' and about at certain times, times i think he knows when i'll be leaving or coming home.

I do like him a lot, and I guess he might have picked up on this but i'm not sure. I think that he might like me too, but i'm not sure about this either.
    any advice would be appreciated
    thank you

Ask him over for dinner.

From a male perspective, thats a big green light. He's obviously sussing you out.

thank you for your replies

@ rafterman

can you explain what you mean by 'from a male perspective, that's a big green light'.

Do you think that he likes me? I hope so. Or is he just being friendly?

many thanks
    Last edited by sweetest; 29-07-11 at 06:42 PM.

You like him. Ask him on a date.

Edit: Oh wow, 666 posts and 66 thanks Yay me!

hello everyone

@ Yet another guy

yes i do like him.

I guess what i'm asking is how do i know if he likes me. I know what we ladies do/ the way we are when we like a guy (i do it all the time when i see him)! but I don't know what you guys do, or the way you behave when you've noticed a lady, and really like her.

I'd really like to know if i'm reading the situation properly, ie. does he like me/does he fancy me.

I'd need to be fairly confident about this for me to ask him on a date, i'm just not brave enough to ask something like that just yet.

many thank you's

If you think about it like this: what other reason might there be for him behaving like he does??
    You can also think, what is the worst thing that could happen if you ask him?

I think it sounds like he is definitely interested in you. If you dont want to ask him head on, just YET. You can always try to lead the conversation in some careful manner onto the subject (women are good at steering things i have noticed, for good or ill).
    good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
    I guess what i'm asking is how do i know if he likes me.
    The same way guys find out if a girl is interested. By doing what I suggested. Ask him out. If he says yes, he's interested.

I'd need to be fairly confident about this for me to ask him on a date, i'm just not brave enough to ask something like that just yet.
    I'm sorry to hear. I know all about that. I'm shy like that too, that's why I've never had a girlfriend, sad story.

Now, about this guy...
    He's always trying to chat with you.
    He tries to make you laugh.
    He probes if you're available

These are all very clear signs that he's interested.

yes i can see what you're saying, what other reason would he behave like he is.

I saw him yesterday, he was walking past as i drove up, i hesitated because i didn't know what to say and he walked right in front of me. He asked if i was alright, and i said i'm fine, are you. He looked a little nervous.

My ex had just arrived here, (my ex is average build butapparantly he has an air of something about him) i know this because others (guys i've worked with etc say that he's not one to mess with). I've never noticed this about my ex and i'm not sure why they say this, it must be a guy thing

I have just seen him again, twice, he's walked past, he must still be working somewhere near to here.

He's so lovely, I feel so drawn to him...i'm all butterflies right now.

Aww, so cute. Good luck with him.

Great! I agree, good luck with him
    Crossing fingers for you

When a man digs around for info on your dating status that means he is interested.

hello

@smackie9

he didn't ask if I was dating anyone. He asked is my ex coming over today, and if I was still with my ex.

He has seen my ex a couple of times as I say, when he's been to see our children.

He's really good with kids i noticed, he took a real interest in my youngest, helped to repair his bike, which was nice of him.

Do you think that him seeing my ex coming round is putting him off in some way?

many thanks

he didn't ask if I was dating anyone.
    He did ask if you were dating someone:

he also asked me if i am still with him
    What did you answer by the way?

Do you think that him seeing my ex coming round is putting him off in some way?
    It may make him think that you are together / want to get together with your ex rather than him.
    You must show (tell) him that you're interested if you want to get anywhere with this.

'dating' in England usually means going out on a social thing, eg out to dinner or dancing or similar.

A few weeks ago when we first met he asked me 'are you still with him' and I said 'no' that my ex wanted to come back but that it would never be the same. ( My ex had an affair, this is why we split up).

More recently, he asked 'is he coming over tomorrow?' and I said 'no later today'. My ex had called me just before and I think that he overheard the conversation..

Do you think that my ex coming over is making him hesitate or maybe putting him off in some way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast