+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need an advice :)

Need an advice :)

Me and my girlfriend are both 16 years old. We go to same school and we met 6 months ago. We were in a relationship for 4 months and it is my first relationship, her's too.

We had lots of issues in those 4 months, it included 1 break up, but we realised we love each other and entered the relationship again.

We are very similliar. We listen to the same music and watch same movies and both have awesome sense of humor, everything.
    I had the best time of my life with her, and I am sure she had the same experience with me.

But highschool girls change their minds alot, my friends told me alot about that.
    Everything was awesome first 2 months and then it changed.

Lets start with least important thing, facebook. I don't like having a relationship over facebook, but it is there and people use it alot. All my friends chat with their girlfriends all the time ...

She never says hi. We are both online whole day, I got sick of saying hi to her first all the time. She says hi when she needs a favour or something. We don't even talk. Because when I send her good songs, funny links, when I write her a poem, she just puts 1 smiley so I got bored of sending all that stuff, or trying to talk about something, because she never shows she cares.

I used to tell her good night every day. I used to tell her I love her all the time, and I would send hearts, but since she never replies on that and goes offline, and rarely replies with one heart, I stopped doing that.

When I asked her why she never does that, she said she hates to tell me that she loves me, and that I know that she loves me so there is no point of telling it ...

Now about going out

When we go out it is AWESOME, we have fun, we eat, we sometimes go at my studio and she plays a guitar and I play drums, she laughs all the time, we tell jokes etc ... and we touch alot, hug, kiss, etc ... And time passes fast with her ....

But we never go out, because I am not at first place to her. I know we should have time for our friends, but she never invites me out, lots of times she says she can't or she hangs out with her friends (who are our mutual friends).

I just have the feeling she doesn't want to talk to me, she doesn't want to go out with me, but I don't get it why, because we always have so much fun, and it is awesome and she never complains about it.

She has two best female friends, and one best male friend. And when we all together went out few days ago, she told me we wont hug and touch much in front of them because it makes them ankward ...
    She never even came close to me, until her best male friends left (she has also put her head on his shoulder while she was sitting next to him, in front of me), and she had to go for 10 minutes, but she told me to go sit back there in darkness and we kissed and hugged until she left.

This doesn't look like a relationship to me, because it exists once a week on 2 hours, and I would really want more than this.

While it still bothers me that she never even says hi on facebook and she never even sends me a heart, if I don't give her a reason for it first, I would be happy if we would go out more, and I will talk to her about that, but I still want more, and I want her attitude to change, I want to be on first place to her, just like she is to me (i will cancel any other meetings with my friends, or practice sessions with my band, just to go out with her).

But I am not sure if I should think that way ?

This is my first relationship and I do not know what do to with things like this ... I talked to my friends for an advice, they say I should talk to her about everything, and some say I should break up with her, but I dont want to break up and I want things to change ...

Should I just let the things go and enjoy those few hours a week, because I don't got nothing to lose ?
    Last edited by Nonnel; 30-07-11 at 09:12 AM.

Since its your first relationship I'll try to be as nice as possible:

It sucks and she treats you like shit. Time to move on.

Ask yourself "Am I happy?" If the answer is anything but "YES" then its done.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yea I know all that ... but I don't lose anything if I just let the things go?

Or maybe I should talk to her alot and see if things can be improved?

Maybe I should try to meet another female person, talk alot, see if we like each other, and then finish with this girl, and then get another girlfriend ?

You should definitely try to meet someone that enjoys the same things as you. This girl is obviously not interested and is using you. YES, USING YOU. You should cut off all communication with her. As a girl myself I know that we are affectionate beings, so for her to show you no affection in public is red flag number 1. She put her head on his shoulder.... and not yours because it makes her friends feel awkward??? She sounds super immature and she truly doesn't deserve you anyway. When you show her that you can move on without her.. she'll come crawling back and that's when you get another girl and treat her special <yes i promote making her jealous as retaliation> and never look back. She is unhealthy for you and your well being. Trust me you are very young and u have more important things to worry about than some immature little girl. Try enrolling in college. College is a whole new world and you'll meet tons of girls. LIVE YOUR LIFE and you will find your soul mate when the time is right. Good Luck P.S. In the words of my favorite author Terence Dean... "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Well you can try and communicate with her and see if that solves problems. But honestly at your age, people are weird in relationships and usually are immature about it. She might be immature in this relationship, and your heart will be broken. But do what you think is right my friend.

Thanks for everyone who replied !

We talked and came to a conclusion that we have to break up, and I am not sad at all because I realised it's the best ... I mean, it's better to be single than to be in a broken,damaged relationship, where you feel confused all the time.