+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am confused

I am confused

I'm a Jr. in high school. I honestly don't know who to turn to for help, because I get "there are other fish in the sea blahblah" that stuff. So I decided to come here xD. Okay so my girlfriend and me have been going out for about 5 months. We recently just broke up. We agreed on it, though. I told her she was not ready for a relationship, and she agreed. She did not want to feel pressured all the time. She was extremely shy...like the shyest I've ever dealt with. She has like ptsd from her previous relationships...which weren't even bad. Here's the reasons I wanted to end it:
    -She never wanted to go on dates, EVER.
    -She never made an effort to see me
    -I sort of did it for her..because she wanted it, I knew she did. But at the same time I know she didn't want it (she told me)

I'm also going to add on that she thinks that we have been arguing a lot lately. But it's really nothing bad. It's just life issues, and everything...that she needs to get through...that we should get through together. But I don't know.
    Now, she's going away for awhile in a couple days..for like a month about. I know she still has feelings for me, but she says "we'll get over it..." I kinda want to get back with her, but I don't feel like anythings gonna changed. I'm kind of upset because she was actually cool and different, unlike other girls I've dated. I'm just so confused...should I let go? If not what should I do? I've tried to make her as comfortable as possible with me...but I don't know...no we are broken up. She said to me "we'll get over it...im sorry, im not ready...it wasn't gonna last"

I mean, I'm kind of bothered by this...I know she is too...but I doubt I can try to make her change her mind. I tried without trying to force her...but you know..

Edit: I can drive to where she is to see her...it's just a bit of a drive...if that changes anything or helps anything. Any advice is appreciated, thanks. Is there anything I can say to comfort her and change her mind..stuff like that?

Oh, and it also seems like she's starting to talk to me less and everything. So is that her forcing herself to move on (she was always so stubborn lol....) or she just doesn't care about me anymore? I haven't really said anything because I didn't want to sound desperate or anything...but I really care about her.
    Last edited by chrisl192; 29-07-11 at 05:22 AM.

Dude lets face it it's frickin over so there is no sense in dragging this on. You are young. This relationship has come to and and so will the next and so on. You are wasting your energy on somene that is not living up to your expectations....it's gonna fail again even if you convince her to come back. Stop being a fool.

Talk to her and let her know how you feel. But if your not happy with who she is despite really caring for her maybe you should let things be. Life will offer more then one girl, you are young.

She's obviously not into you anymore, so you're going to have to let her go. Pushing things and pursuing her will only drive her further away an bruise your self-esteem... don't go there
    Wasn't aware, meant for the best, ignorance is no excuse, but neither is insolence - a polite pm would have sufficed