+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't believe he did this...

I can't believe he did this...

So long story short, I'm 23 and my bf was 22, We dated for 10 months, I thought everything was great, we had no problems, literally I saw my whole future with this man.

One day, I come home to a letter that said; he is leaving me, he has a lot going on, he doesn't see a future with me anymore, he thinks I'm an amazing girl but just not the girl for him, I'll be fine without him, he is sorry.

I called him once I found it, broken, in tears, he basically doesn't have a solid reason for leaving me, he keeps saying his feelings were on and off for a while and he just did it. (he NEVER mentioned any change of feelings in our relationship and continued as normal) I asked if he wanted to be friends, or still keep in contact with me, he said he'd like to be friends and he said he still cared about me

He says he will call me later in the week, I try my best to move on but it still hurts, I DO NOT make any contact and then he calls me a week after the break up.

He first compliments my facebook picture, then I talk about how I've been so busy, working out and seeing my friends, etc (not letting him know how heartbroken I am) He says he has basically been working and sleeping. (which I kinda believe, he does work hard)

He asks if he can call again, and plans to collect a few things he had left behind.

I just miss him so bad, everyday it feels harder to get over....does he want me back? He said he wouldn't change his mind in the break up note, but I was NOTHING but a great girlfriend to him!

His parents are going through a separation right now, I just figure he needs some space. I just don't know what to think.

I haven't seen him since that morning before he left the note, he said I love you before he went to work....I just don't want to be without him, any insight on this situation? Thanks

I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's impossible to say if he will want to resume a relationship with you but I'll suggest that you don't pin your hopes on that and start distancing yourself from him so that you can heal from the sudden end of your relationship. It's pretty much impossible to get to the stage of romantic indifference if you're constantly in contact with him. Let him contact you to arrange for his things to be picked up.

He asks if he can call again, and plans to collect a few things he had left behind.

I just miss him so bad, everyday it feels harder to get over....does he want me back? He said he wouldn't change his mind in the break up note, but I was NOTHING but a great girlfriend to him!
    I'll caution you about the mistake of going to bed with him (should he attempt such a thing) because if you do, you still are not in a relationship and you will lose you joy to him if you allow that kind of intimacy with him when he has no strings to bind you to him.

Good luck, I hope you have enough strength to allow yourself to heal quickly.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm sorry this has happened to you. He doesn't sound like he wants you back! Don't get your hopes high on this. Even if you get back with him, I think he's gonna leave you again. I'm sorry but your love for him isn't gonna make him stay with you. It always takes two to make a relationship work. He isn't doing or willing to do his part. Have no expectation from him anymore. Try to move on instead. If something changes in him and he wants you back, great. But that I'm afraid, is very unlikely to happen. So take care of yourself. Sorry.