+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance Ex

Long distance Ex

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to get some advice from people about my current situation. I am a 26 year old American male that has been in a relationship with a now 21 year old Ecuadorian woman. Two weeks ago, she decided to call it quits. So many problems as far as Visas and my very conservative family had issues with me being with a latina and moving to Ecuador permanently. Anyway, the relationship deteriorated mainly because I wasn't willing to choose between her over my family, and sadly that was the situation more or less. She has been tired of our long distance relationship for a long time and I can understand her wanting to give up. It's my fault completely, and I now regret my decision. We have talked fairly frequently the past two weeks. Last week she called me 4 times until I answered saying that she hated me, but I don't believe that to be true. Yesterday included a 45 minute phone conversation followed by 10 texts throughout the evening and this morning. No drama except she said she wants to kick me in the face! Ouch! Anyway, I am definitely wanting to win her back. I honestly feel like she is the one. So I have put a plan in motion to return to her country (Job, Apartment, insurance, etc). She has continued to text me after I told her I was going out of town tonight with some friends. Her response of who, where, who are you staying with. So correct me if I'm wrong, but she obviously cares. Should I keep texting with her or ignore her to a certain degree (text her tomorrow to make her worry tonight or something)? Should I leave the lines of communication open or close them down for a little bit to move on with my life? Anyway, I do think it's worth pursuing the relationship and was hoping to get some advice from the kind people on this forum. Thanks a lot for reading and all the best.

John

well, I think I'm gonna ignore her texts for now. Maybe give her a chance to miss me and experience life without me for a bit.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just move on, dude. The absolute best that can happen here is a lot of work to get you in the same situation as before.