+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hey Guys, Insecure, needy guy here, looking for advice.

Hey Guys, Insecure, needy guy here, looking for advice.

Hey guys,

My name is Ryan, I'm 20 years old and am currently in a long term relationship (My first relationship ever), we have been together for 10 months now.

I am a really needy, clingy kind of person and no matter what I do I can't help but feel insecure. I've always been like this and it has ruined friendships before. It is beginning to ruin my current relationship, which I am very serious about, so I'm hoping that if I share my story here, someone will be able to help out with some advice, before I ruin things and lose the girl of my dreams.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjg117 View Post
    Hey guys,

My name is Ryan, I'm 20 years old and am currently in a long term relationship (My first relationship ever), we have been together for 10 months now.

I am a really needy, clingy kind of person and no matter what I do I can't help but feel insecure. I've always been like this and it has ruined friendships before. It is beginning to ruin my current relationship, which I am very serious about, so I'm hoping that if I share my story here, someone will be able to help out with some advice, before I ruin things and lose the girl of my dreams.

Thanks
    Have you considered some new hobbies to build up some more self-confidence?

From my perspective, with chicks, if she is in a relationship with you it must be for a reason. I am hoping you can simply discus with your girlfriend (with benefits) your current issues and ask her to help you resolve them.

Do you believe a girl friend (with benefits) should object to something that can be beneficial to your current relationship? If not, then what would be lost with that form of communication and honesty as a form of respect toward fellow human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by ctr916 View Post
    Have you considered some new hobbies to build up some more self-confidence?

From my perspective, with chicks, if she is in a relationship with you it must be for a reason. I am hoping you can simply discus with your girlfriend (with benefits) your current issues and ask her to help you resolve them.

Do you believe a girl friend (with benefits) should object to something that can be beneficial to your current relationship? If not, then what would be lost with that form of communication and honesty as a form of respect toward fellow human beings?
    You are an idiot (with no benefits)
    Last edited by rafterman; 04-08-11 at 01:42 PM.

How does what you consider not being a troll have to do with the OP? Why not try to respond with a rational argument instead of simply resorting to fallacy for a Cause you don't have.

wtf is a girlfriend with benefits? Is there something beyond sex? DOES SHE DO THE DISHES WHILE GIVING A BJ? I just blew my mind. . .
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Maybe it just means that you get sex as opposed to having an abstaining girlfriend?
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Maybe it just means that you get sex as opposed to having an abstaining girlfriend?
    An abstaining GF is just some chick who takes up your time. I had just assumed everyone was screwing their SO unless otherwise stated.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley