+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just cant let go!

just cant let go!

Hi.
    I split up from my partner of 13 years 10 weeks ago. My heart is hurting so bad still
    We have a son of 5 who i see 3 times a week but it just ain't enough.
    Im realy strugling to cope with being a part time dad i miss him and her so so much.
    Every time i see her it puts me in a realy bad depressed state which never eases.

I cant see me ever getting over it and i just need this pain to stop

Counselling or support therapy would be a good place to start helping you deal with the 'grief' you are going through.

Look into it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I agree with Max. You need to be a happy dad for your little guy when you do see him so be proactive in getting over the breakup and accepting. If you're too reluctant to go to group counceling or something like Parents without Partners then try reading the 5 Stages of Grief. It's geared towards bereavement from losing someone to death but it still very much applies to what we go through when we are missing someone we loved due to a breakup.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks for you advise wakeup ,maxmax

Im trying to be the best dad I can to my son.Without him I dont know what I would do .My ex has been really good in letting me see him as much as i can but it still aint enough I need to be around him every day.
    Its been 10 weeks now but i just cant seem to pull myself around.Every day I wake up really depressed I dont want to be like this but it just dosnt seem to be getting any easyer.Iv lost a lot of weight and am strugeling to function properly.
    The problem iv got is i see the ex every other day when i pick the son up and it aint doing me any favours Iv goto go into my family home and see person and the home i love so much.

Iv thought about therapy but I just cant afford it at the moment.
    I just need the pain and heartache to go away Im exhausted with it.

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by ash101 View Post
    Iv thought about therapy but I just cant afford it at the moment.
    You can get counselling services on the NHS for free.

You could defintiely get your GP to arrange this for you, particulary is you are becoming depressed and anxious.

If the counsellor thinks you need more specific therapy they will recommend it to your GP.

At least give it a go. You have nothing to lose by trying.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Time is your best freind it will and heal and by God you will meet someone amazing ...... you live once !!! you can pull through it aint over untill its over god bless everyone!