+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he mean?

What does he mean?

Long story short, my bf of almost a year broke up with me via leaving me a note, he basically said he has a lot going on and I'm and amazing girl just not the girl for him, he won't be changing his mind.

He has called a couple times since (it's been 2 weeks almost) he says he just doesn't like to talk about his emotions and stuff (his parents are going through a seperation) he says he still cares about me and wants to be friends, he just couldn't break up with me to my face because he wasn't man enough and didn't want to hurt me.

I was a good girlfriend and gave him plenty of sex, did he maybe just get overwhelemed with his family problems and run away? How does a guy who says he loves you everyday just stop? Does he miss me? How can I be his friend after this? I still love him and want to be with him, even though he said he wont change his mind, could he possibly realize the mistake he made? I havent been contacting him, I'm leaving that up to him.
    Thanks

I'm a guy so take my comments in that context.
    Quote Originally Posted by missme View Post
    Long story short, my bf of almost a year broke up with me via leaving me a note, he basically said he has a lot going on and I'm and amazing girl just not the girl for him, he won't be changing his mind.
    This guy already sounds pretty immature.
    He has called a couple times since (it's been 2 weeks almost) he says he just doesn't like to talk about his emotions and stuff (his parents are going through a seperation) he says he still cares about me and wants to be friends, he just couldn't break up with me to my face because he wasn't man enough and didn't want to hurt me.
    I agree he isn't much of a man. You didn't lose much, trust me.
    I was a good girlfriend and gave him plenty of sex, did he maybe just get overwhelemed with his family problems and run away? How does a guy who says he loves you everyday just stop? Does he miss me? How can I be his friend after this? I still love him and want to be with him, even though he said he wont change his mind, could he possibly realize the mistake he made? I havent been contacting him, I'm leaving that up to him.
    Thanks
    He said he doesn't want to date anymore, so maybe you can contact him 2 weeks after the breakup, and see how he feels. He very well may be overwhelmed with his parents' separation. He might have anger about this and didn't want to take it out on you. You can try to get him to open up about his feelings about his parents' separation, in an attempt to maybe date again, or just be friends. It's up to you to do the work right now. He probably thinks it's not manly to share his emotions, and you might be able to help him with that by encouraging him to share his emotions with YOU. Just keep whatever he talks to you about, private. Don't tell your friends, your parents, no one. If he does tell you private stuff, don't share it with anyone.
    Last edited by bulrush; 05-08-11 at 01:46 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)