+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please help me with the best approach to this matter.

please help me with the best approach to this matter.

all,

i am trying to take some time off from a relationship that hit a bit of resistance few months back which i posted here and was able to obtain feedback. (thanks for that btw) i have recently had a change of heart for my gf, i am stuck and dont know what to do. our relationship didnt have issues, at least non that i know of. we took a few out of town trips together, (nothing crazy out of the country or anything). our sexual department was going well. we are currently on a break and a few weeks back when i initially felt this way i was really freaking out and questioning as to why this is happening to me/us???

a short version of my bio,

i am not a cheater, i have stuck with her and only her for the duration of the relationship, and even on break i have not met anyone or done anything. as a matter of fact i have even noticed myself that i was hanging out with her more than i was with my friends. my main priorites are myself, family, friends, etc...

her bio,

she is a nice chick, a people's person, not too much of a pain except she wants/willing to hang out EVERYDAY if we could.

so with that said,

are we hanging out too often? why is it that yet i am so attached to her and i dont want to walk away from this. ? where have my feelings gone ?

Well I always recommend having a life outside the relationship, to keep things fresh, and so you don't get sick of each other.

It may prevent going on breaks.

do you think taking a break is a bad idea?

so i just noticed she basically blocked me from the social sites and so forth...

here i am being as humble as one can be, asking her in a nice way, expressing how i feel about the break and in return they try to nuke you. i hate playing games, i refuse to join in on their version of "fun". im not at an age where i am still into playing games.

i guess being nice and humble these days just doesnt cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuz59 View Post
    do you think taking a break is a bad idea?
    a break is just half of a break up. Usually if you are on one, its a sign things are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuz59 View Post
    so i just noticed she basically blocked me from the social sites and so forth...

here i am being as humble as one can be, asking her in a nice way, expressing how i feel about the break and in return they try to nuke you. i hate playing games, i refuse to join in on their version of "fun". im not at an age where i am still into playing games.

i guess being nice and humble these days just doesnt cut it.
    You sound like you might be less experienced in relationships, and this might be a part of your downfall. You might be "too nice", which is usually a bad thing. With time comes experience.
    Last edited by Cerby; 03-08-11 at 04:39 PM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Breaks are a break up, but it's a cowards way of doing it......lame.

Smackie.. i thank you for being honest and expressing your thoughts, but i really was not trying to be a coward nor have i been one before.. this situation has just been really tough for me. in addition to all this i am no longer in my teens where i could have just walked in and out of these situations and just say "ehh just dust it off and move forward". we have all had those gfs in high school or even after high school. i am close to being 30 and i dont want to be playing games any longer.

Then there are those who say you have a LONG time before you settle down. when i think about the future i dont want to be 40and get married, this just takes the taste out of the whole marriage/relationship idea. this is why its had a negative impact on me.

I also need to be back on my feet 100% and its tough because i am trying to take care of my self and a minor bump in the medical health department of mine.

If you push you won't get, if you are unsure, you get confusion and hit a brick wall. Chill and enjoy life. You worry too much.