+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean in guy terms?

What does this mean in guy terms?

A girl I've been dating for a while now, went abroad for about 2 months. She's coming back really early tomorrow morning, like her plane lands at 5am. Now when I lasted talked to her she said that her parents would be there, and there was no need for me to miss sleep over this, I should just get together with her on the next day, when she's rested.

Now what I want to know, is what does this mean?
    • Should I go
    • Should I not go

What would be the advice?

What did she tell you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She told me not to come, and meet up with her the next day. Now I know, that in just words this means DO NOT come, but does this mean the same in Women language?

It means she has made arrangements with her parents, and you don't need to go. It even sounds as if she wants to be rested and look/feel good when she sees you next.

but does this mean the same in Women language?
    That was gold...LOL
    Last edited by rafterman; 08-08-11 at 01:31 AM.

I'd tell her you want to come but qualify it by saying "unless you don't want me there with your parents" that way if that's why she asked you not to come she can say so.

Have you met her parents before? Understandable if she doesn't want you to meet them for the first time without her there...wouldn't it be awkward?

I've spent some time with her parents, they really like me.

The thing is, she's already in-flight, so can't call her and ask about what she wants.

The thing that still messes up my mind is the female logic: I'm saying I don't want you to do something, but in reality, I want you to do this.

I just don't want to come across all needy, but in the same time, don't want to fail any tests, she might be putting on.

Quote Originally Posted by RFlipse View Post
    I've spent some time with her parents, they really like me.

The thing is, she's already in-flight, so can't call her and ask about what she wants.

The thing that still messes up my mind is the female logic: I'm saying I don't want you to do something, but in reality, I want you to do this.

I just don't want to come across all needy, but in the same time, don't want to fail any tests, she might be putting on.
    That's not "female" logic, that's game playing horseshit. If she's doing that, it's her own damn fault.

Take her at face value.

but does this mean the same in Women language?
    Well it could mean something else in STUPID women language I suppose. How is she in communicating normally? Does she say what she means or is she a manipulative, immature cow? You know her better than us.

How about you ask her to call you when she's landed safely in her own living room and then you can discuss if she's up to you coming to visit her then rather than pin so much on the airport. I know that she'll be bagged and looking unkempt after a long flight a perhaps she'd not want you there to see that.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks, I've decided to
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post

Take her at face value
    I will also be taking the advice of Wakeup, and just call her up about 30-45 minutes after her flight has landed to talk about this, and to let her know, I care. Thanks, this was really helpful!