+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I tell her I've had sex with prostitutes?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should keep it to yourself unless you think there is some way she will find out. Many men have no moral issues with hiring a prostitute, but a lot of women do. If you tell her, she probably won't be able to look at you the same way again, especially given this wasn't a one-time occurrence, whether or not you consider that an overreaction.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    she didn't ask whether they were prostitutes, she asked how many people and you did not lie. Everyone has a little something they dont tell someone, it will never hurt her.
    Don't worry, to be honest if my boyfriend ever has I don't want to know...
    Have you been tested for STDs and are you clean?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Essentially, we're talking about the provision of friction; a resistant force ... Physics!

Yes. Prostitution is Science in action!

I wonder what would have happened if a prostitute had dropped on Sir Isaac Newton's head instead of an Apple?

Either way, l'm sure he would have approved.
    LOL! I'm sure he would have approved also.... physicist, you know.
    (10 char)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    so that she can decide whether this is the type of person she wants to be with

If I was a guy I wouldn't want to be with someone so judgemental and close-minded. Seriously, what is the difference between sleeping with a prostitute and sticking your dick in the town bike? At least the former is in a safe, clean environment whereas sleeping with a random you never know where they have been.
    But the inconsistency w/this type of statement is: if it is truly not a big deal, why the need to hide the information, especially if asked? Its useful to know, as you say: if she is turned off by it, isn't it better to know up front?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Have you been tested for STDs and are you clean?
    Well what has that got to do with prostitutes in general? IMO: Anyone who has had more than one partner should be tested no matter if that partner gets paid to be a one night stand or gives free one night stands or is a serial monogamist for that matter.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I really only see that there are two possible problems with prostitution:

1. If it's in a country that it's illegal in, it's unregulated. This means that the women are almost certainly regularly mistreated, both by customers and by their pimps.

2. Again in a country where it's illegal, you run a far greater risk of contracting a disease.

In a country where it's legal and regulated, neither is as much of a problem.

As the OP did use prostitutes in the latter kind of country, I don't really see an issue with it...

but I don't think he needs to tell his GF. He's tested clean, and there is where her right to know about his past ends.

Just say you have and if it is a big issue leave.
    The road is coming to an end just catch the highway and meet someone else

Many men have no moral issues with hiring a prostitute, but a lot of women do.
    and many women have no moral issues about being a prostitute. It takes two to tango.

just to add....as a female i would NEVER consider dating a man who's slept with a prostitute. paying prostitutes for sex supports a multi-billion dollar industry based on the oppression and slavery of women. anyone who disagrees about this and claims most prostitutes are into it and love what they do is a moron. no ifs, ands, or buts, sorry, that's how it is. the vast majority of prostitutes were abused at an early age and forced or coerced into it.
    maybe before you could claim ignorance of this fact, but now you know...

Quote Originally Posted by gigigi View Post
    just to add....as a female i would NEVER consider dating a man who's slept with a prostitute. paying prostitutes for sex supports a multi-billion dollar industry based on the oppression and slavery of women. anyone who disagrees about this and claims most prostitutes are into it and love what they do is a moron. no ifs, ands, or buts, sorry, that's how it is. the vast majority of prostitutes were abused at an early age and forced or coerced into it.
    Here yes. In countries where it's legal and regulated, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Andariel View Post
    I think we could have an endless debate about the merits of sleeping with prostitutes or not.My point, however, is that his gf has a right to know that she is dating a guy who feels that sleeping with prostitutes is OK and has doneit in the past so that she can decide whether this is the type of person she wants to be with. She deserves to know the truth.

I note that you mentioned that your husband told you that some of the women he had been with were prostitutes and you chose to be with him in spite of that. That is perfectly fine-the important thing is that he was honest with you and on that basis you made the decision to be with him. He did not try to deceive you and this is what I am saying: he has to tell her the truth so that she can make an informed decision about whether she wants to be with him or not.
    Point that you missed is I asked him. He just admitted that he probably wouldn't have told me had I not asked. Do I feel like I am married to a liar? No. I feel like I am married to a human being.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Oh and MM, you're in Canberra! Ahh the irony
    Just outside of, but yes 10 points.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by gigigi View Post
    Not all prostitutes fit your criteria, your statement is very general, and only a moron would post that with no proof. I look foward to your response TIA

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Here yes. In countries where it's legal and regulated, not so much.
    Exactly. I have had friends in the past that have gotten into prostitution and thoroughly enjoyed. These friends were paying their way through Uni and gave it up as soon as they could/ felt too old for it. Either way they gave up at around age 25. I see no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Exactly. I have had friends in the past that have gotten into prostitution and thoroughly enjoyed. These friends were paying their way through Uni and gave it up as soon as they could/ felt too old for it. Either way they gave up at around age 25. I see no problem with this.
    Yup. Prostitution in the United States is an ugly, demeaning, abusive, HORRIBLE thing to happen to a woman. I've been in countries where it wasn't - the difference is stark.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast