+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does love mean??

what does love mean??

here is the definition of (( love ))

Love in my dictionary is
    “To try doing any impossible thing to draw the smile on the face of the one that you love”
    Hurting is undefined in love’s dictionary. People who love do not hurt.

this is my definition, what is yours

Real love is when you put someone else's needs and happiness on a level equal or even above your own - not to fulfill any sort of need within yourself... but because you truly want the best for them, at your own expense if necessary.

Now, that could be any kind of love - parent child, husband wife, siblings, best friends, etc. Combine that with physical attraction, trust, mutual respect, and personalities that compliment each other, and you have true romantic love

Also, I think love and pain go hand and hand, because you share it and can't help but feel the good and the bad that the other person experiences.

I'm not even sure there is such a thing as love because I haven't experienced it yet. It probably is just a physical phenomenon in the body.
    Last edited by uri; 11-07-11 at 02:32 AM.

MonoksideC

nice definition MonoksideC

realy you wrote a nice definition

I believe love contains all emotions..happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, etc. It comes in many forms and not everyone experiences it in the same way as anyone else. One thing love does not contain is selfishness. When you love someone you will never judge them nor expect them to be something they're not To me love means being content

what a nice expression amanda.

you are totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    I'm not even sure there is such a thing as love because I haven't experienced it yet. It probably is just a physical phenomenon in the body.
    Nah... I wouldn't say that ....True Love Exists. just because I couldn't find it doesn't mean it never existed.
    I guess Love is the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you grow some deep affection for anyone. that's it!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Well this is what I am feeling with someone, but everyone says it is not love, so what do we know.

Quote Originally Posted by MonoksideC View Post
    Real love is when you put someone else's needs and happiness on a level equal or even above your own - not to fulfill any sort of need within yourself... but because you truly want the best for them, at your own expense if necessary.

Now, that could be any kind of love - parent child, husband wife, siblings, best friends, etc. Combine that with physical attraction, trust, mutual respect, and personalities that compliment each other, and you have true romantic love

Also, I think love and pain go hand and hand, because you share it and can't help but feel the good and the bad that the other person experiences.
    This is what I am feeling with someone now, but everyone says it is not love.

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    Love = Endless Tolerance of the other person's crap.

I love you thats why I tolerate your crap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

True love i thought i knew what it was and i believed i had fount it.....maybe its just that fantasy world of story books because you really cant live happy ever after.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp