+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a completely crazy idea?

Is this a completely crazy idea?

Hey everyone,

I have this issue i need opinions on. Im 20 years old. i've been in a relationship with this girl for 4 1/2 years. Things were great but they're slowly starting to fade, drama and fighting are beginning to cause my body physical pain through stress and anxiety. be for i met this girl though i had one of those "online relationship" for a few months. the girl i was talking to lived in california, beautiful caring and sweet girl. for the past 3 years i've been in a controlling relationship, working, coming home, and repeat. she doesn't like when i go out with my friends, shes clingy and controlling, but im a sensitive guy and i don't want to hurt her.

Its getting to the point were im about to just leave. But this is what i want your opinions on. Would it be completely crazy to buy a plane ticket to California and see this girl for a week? i really want to get away to clear my head after the break up with this girl. i've been controlled for 3 years i want to do something spontaneous. i've been talking to the girl from california but i haven't mentioned this yet. what do you guys think about this? and have you ever done anything crazy for a girl you've had feelings for?

Hell, go for it. But dump your woman first. You're 20 years old! Have some fun, do some spontaneous stuff, and dump the 4 1/2 year relationship, its doing nothing for you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I think Cerby blew it this time.

You need time between relationships, jumping from one to the other isn't going to do you any good.

Especially since the chances are, you'll go meet this girl in California and find she's not what/who you thought she is.

Break up with your current GF. Take some time, keep talking to the girl in California if that makes you happy... try to meet some girls local to you.

No way! Stop your relationship and go to California for some fun! What do you have to lose?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I can't really add much to Cerby's response. Follow that. Dump her and have some fun.

Agreed. Dump her a fly away. Unless you want to marry her and live a dull life like the one you have right now.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."