+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm this close yet so far. Need advice. I have her almost back!

I'm this close yet so far. Need advice. I have her almost back!

Hi guyz,

I have a problem with the girl I love. First thing first, I'm 100% that I love her and she loves me.

To make a long story short as possible.
    I told her that I dindt love her, but wanted to stay friends, what turned into a friends with benefits relationship. She liked someone else, and I said I was OK with that, in fact I was not, 2 days after that I wanted her back but she was dating the other guy already. Now I'm trying to get her back, because I love her, yes because I love her.

Now I'm getting messages that she loves me, and dont wanna lose me, but she cant decide.

I told her that, if I'm not the one for her, I'm not. I still love her, but this is life. It is how it is.

Her respond was: I love you!

I did this because I pushed her to much to get back to me, and that pushed her more away from me. But now she's scared of loosing me forever.

Now I'm clueless about what to do or how to answer to her message. I'm thinking not to respond yet, so she gets scared a bit more of loosing me. But what should I do after that?

I'm desperate too, because she is still with this other guy, and she can't decide. So I wanna get her back as fast as possible, before the other guy claims her for good.

I know that she loves me, but she's scared, because I was a jerk because I used her for only, that wasnt my intention at all, i felt good with her at my side. I was wrong, and broke her trust in me.

Tell her what she wants to hear. and then wait.

She probably wants to hear that I lover her too. But I have told her that so many times. It just puts me in a weaker possition, she gets a satisfied feeling and after that she will start hesitating again if she should choose me or the new one.

Trust me I want to text/call her and tell her how bad I need her and love her. But I have this feeling she will get confused or maybe scared to return to me. Since I was the one who told her to be friends and that I was OK that she liked someone else. (stupid stupid actions)

I'm desperate too, because she is still with this other guy, and she can't decide. So I wanna get her back as fast as possible, before the other guy claims her for good.
    Tell her that you'll not compete and if she wants you, she knows where to find you without the other guy anywhere in the picture. You don't have her now but she's got you and him so you have nothing to lose by giving her the heave if she won't make a decision.

You don't have her so you can't lose her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    Her respond was: I love you!

I did this because I pushed her to much to get back to me, and that pushed her more away from me. But now she's scared of loosing me forever.

Now I'm clueless about what to do or how to answer to her message. I'm thinking not to respond yet, so she gets scared a bit more of loosing me. But what should I do after that?

You both have a decision to make. You need to decide whether or not you really want to have a go at a relationship with her. If you do, then tell her that with no ambiguity. If not, then break contact and leave it that way, because if that's the case you aren't doing her any favors by maintaining contact.

If you do want to be with her and you TELL HER SO, then she needs to make a decision. If she decides to be with the other guy, then once again you need to break contact. Yes it'll hurt both of you, but it'll be better in the long run.

If she decides to be with you, do not back out, do not be wishy-washy about it, just do it.