+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I screwed everything up? Sorry about the length :)

Have I screwed everything up? Sorry about the length :)

I have recently (and about time too) broken up with my ex.
    I started flirting with a a regular customer at work just because it was fun. He seemed shy (I like shy guys) but also flirted back.

Someone I work with then told him I was recently single and he backed off a bit but was still a little sheepish around me and seemed willing to continue the flirting.
    I was then informed that there is a good chance he was interested in me. But I was pushed for a few weeks about it by people I work with and other customers noticed something too.
    Then someone told him I was probably interested in him too.
    I got sick of the gossip etc and confronted him...

I'm pretty sure I took him by surprise. I asked if what people were telling me was true. He seemed to fumble around a bit and didn't look at me. And because I was at work at the time, I had to be quick. He gave some odd answer (that I took as a "no i'm not interested") And went back to work. Then I thought, he didn't actually answer me...
    He usually comes in a couple times a day. And i've been told that he hasn't been in at all for about a week now.
    So, my question is...

Is it likely that I have confronted him and freaked him out to the point that he feels he cant come in. Or more along the lines of, he thinks i'm interested and is too much of a nice guy to say straight up that hes not?

1 recently free from a relationship = he's probably thinking oops rebounding on me
    2 at work and very confrontational really doesnt bodes ill for a relationship foundation.
    3 if hes still coming in ask him out for coffee explain why you was so in his face and confronting then see where it goes, if he doesnt want coffee your choice pass him a napkin with a note in it saying your sorry for confrontation with his next cupcake or leave the guy alone

I know im not a guy sorry
    Last edited by Kyrina; 15-08-11 at 12:03 AM.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

tremolo Guest
    I'm with Kyrina. I think it was not a great idea to confront as you did, but since that's done and can't be undone, I think a brief casual apology would suffice ('hey, sorry if I caught you off guard the other day'). Then I would suggest explaining that you had hoped he was interested because you had an interest in him. If he bites, then you can suggest coffee - if not, act like it's no big deal, smile, and say you'll see him around. Chances are, he'll be wanting that coffee with you.

lols I make his coffee. So asking someone out for coffee is quite odd... I intend to explain but he hasn't been in. I just don't know exactly why he hasn't been in. And if it is because I was too upfront, then I feel quite bad about the situation cos I didn't see any of the hints. I'm used to confident guys.. But after I was told he is probably into me I started noticing them. I also made a quick apology when he came in later that day. Has not been in since. Thanks though. I know what i need to do. I just REALLY don't like feeling bad about things that could so easily have been avoided.

tremolo Guest
    Since you make his coffee, you could always ask him out for a drink, if you are old enough - otherwise lunch is a good casual option.

He may be avoiding the place because he feels awkward, which would be a shame. Hopefully he'll come back in so you can clear the air... good luck!