+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies! What Do You Love about... MEN...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    At 5'8" I don't consider myself as short. Not what you would call 'tall', but very much average in height, certainly over here.

It's funny on some online dating profiles seeing girls as short as 5'1" stipulating their date must be 6'0" or above.

I mean, 'nice' yes, as a preference ... but as a pre-requisite? I would think there are more important factors, but clearly inches really do count.
    Lol - height has never been an issue with me really - could quite happily date sommeone my own height (or give/take a few inches either side) - it's just the guys i have dated for some reason have been in the 6' mark.

Have also heard something about the attraction of opposites in that we unconsciously seek out those who have the physical characteristics we lack - in order to even the balance for 'reproduction' - so there could be something in that, don't know - but you'll often see people who are tall with shorter partners - no matter what sex.

IMO - so long as the guy has the "character'' traits I'm looking for - I honestly don't care what his height is...

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Have also heard something about the attraction of opposites in that we unconsciously seek out those who have the physical characteristics we lack
    To me it seems that taller girls are even more demanding of their partners height.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    And you'll never be asked by little old ladies to reach stuff off the top shelf of the supermarket for them. :p I would avoid moshpits if I were you though. :p
    hahaha - my lack of height never stopped me getting in the midst of a good ol' moshpit! To me it was all about the music & atmosphere - didn't care if I couldn't see the bands playing - it was the music that drove me!

Sending out generic e-mails CAN work, but purely as a numbers game.

If you have read a girl's profile, and taken an interest, and the two of you genuinely have things in common, and you and your profile can demostrate that, THEN you've got a much better chance of getting responses.

Better than trying to just get ANY girl's attention, surely? I mean, what is that point of that? Some guys just want any girl to write back and agree to a date. For me, that would be just a waste of time.

I believe in some degree of 'quality' control but that should be based not only on appearance, but also to a large extent compatibility based on character/interests/desires/etc.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    To me it seems that taller girls are even more demanding of their partners height.
    There is that possibility that their focus may be more 'conscious' driven, than 'unconscious' (it was on a doco I saw years ago on attraction of the opposites - don't know whether it's changed now, but that was the results of their findings back then)

I've been attracted to guys of varying heights - specially if they were great conversationalists! But I think I'm guilty of the "unconscious" side - I don't deliberately go looking for guys taller than me (though at 5'2 - most guys WOULD be taller lol)

@maxmax
    Any girl is better than no girl.

@maxmax
    Any girl is better than no girl.
    That is simply not true, and a statement of true desperation!

It is true for anyone who hasn't had a girl.

It is true for anyone who hasn't had a girl.
    It'll happen.

Sending out generic e-mails CAN work, but purely as a numbers game.

If you have read a girl's profile, and taken an interest, and the two of you genuinely have things in common, and you and your profile can demostrate that, THEN you've got a much better chance of getting responses.

Better than trying to just get ANY girl's attention, surely? I mean, what is that point of that? Some guys just want any girl to write back and agree to a date. For me, that would be just a waste of time.

I believe in some degree of 'quality' control but that should be based not only on appearance, but also to a large extent compatibility based on character/interests/desires/etc.
    That was just based on my mates experiments & their findings. I have noticed it is harder for the guys on the dating sites - specially those who were genuine.

When I have done the whole internet dating thing, I've noticed a majority of the guys DON'T bother to read your profile (or many wouldn't have bothered contacting me as it clearly stated I wasn't into the whole casual side of things - and my profile stated clearly what my genuine interests were etc) - it was a rare day to find a guy had actually taken the time to read my profile BEFORE contacting me - and for those guys who took the time to read my profile, I would happily respond to them.

I ALWAYS read a guys profile before contacting him - however, also found that many profiles were misleading as well - they say they were looking for one thing, when in fact they were after something else - their profile would contradict what they were really there for. In the end, I gave up as it was more of a "meat market" for hookups - at least in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I ALWAYS read a guys profile before contacting him - however, also found that many profiles were misleading as well - they say they were looking for one thing, when in fact they were after something else - their profile would contradict what they were really there for. In the end, I gave up as it was more of a "meat market" for hookups - at least in my area.
    True.

I have met up with some girls who looked NOTHING like their photos.

I mean, the photos must have been over 5 years old. Not only that, the 'toned and athletic' was closer to 'eats lard for breakfast' ... which in itself is bad enough, but then they have complained about other dates where the guys looked nothing like thier photos!

Similarly, they have claimed to be interested in x, y, z, and then actually known nothing about these things lol.

It's all a gamble, as is any kind of dating. I guess with online dating there are a lot more 'unknowns' or 'yet to be proven' compared to dating someone you know or have met/seen in the flesh.

True.

I have met up with some girls who looked NOTHING like their photos.

I mean, the photos must have been over 5 years old. Not only that, the 'toned and athletic' was closer to 'eats lard for breakfast' ... which in itself is bad enough, but then they have complained about other dates where the guys looked nothing like thier photos!

Similarly, they have claimed to be interested in x, y, z, and then actually known nothing about these things lol.

It's all a gamble, as is any kind of dating. I guess with online dating there are a lot more 'unknowns' or 'yet to be proven' compared to dating someone you know or have met/seen in the flesh.
    OMG - that is sooo true! Have even heard about some who have put up photos of their kids, pretending that's them! And same thing with the interests - claim to have them, but know nothing about the actual topic when you start to talk about it!! Have heard quite a few stories about the whole "meet ups" and gone on some shocker dates myself!

I'm an old fashioned gal myself, so manners & ettiquette are important to me - went on a date in a family orientated cafe, where the guy proceeded to tell me about his dropkick mate who would "urinate" all over the floor in the bathroom of people's houses (the story itself may have had a time and place - but he chose to tell it there at a loud volume - can't even begin to describe the looks I was getting from the customers in the cafe - he had his back to them, so saw nothing - needless to say - no 2nd date!)

That said, I've met some great guys who have gone to become great mates - for that I'm thankful... not a total loss lol - but have had friends who have found "the one" through dating sites too. For me though, beginning to think I'm better off sticking to the real world lol

At 5'8" I don't consider myself as short. Not what you would call 'tall', but very much average in height, certainly over here.

It's funny on some online dating profiles seeing girls as short as 5'1" stipulating their date must be 6'0" or above.

I mean, 'nice' yes, as a preference ... but as a pre-requisite? I would think there are more important factors, but clearly inches really do count.
    We're the same height max.

I don't understand that either. Maybe short women need to know that their man will be able to reach stuff on the top shelf for them? :p

Maybe the fact that these women are so fussy and particular is why they're on the singles sites. teehee

I am the shortest and the eldest of all my siblings. I have 4 brothers all up (mum had 2, dad had 2) and all over them are between 6' and 6'4". Shortest gal any of them have been out with was 5'6" and I know at least one of them would be happiest with a chick taller than him (he has a thing for Lauren Jackson). It is one thing to have a preference but to say for sure you would only date someone with certain characteristics is rather limiting.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Lol - I'm in the same situation as you Maiden - shortest of 6 six kids (2nd eldest) - they tower over the top of me lol

I always send unique messages to everyone. If there were more girls on the site though, it would probably make much more sense to just spam. Girls very rarely respond. When they do, they always compliment my messages though.
    If a guy took the time to read my profile and respond genuinely, he'd definitely would have received a response from me - so kudos to you, don't give up

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast