+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breaking down; have to say something to someone.

Breaking down; have to say something to someone.

So...its been 16 days since my ex basically told me to p*ss off, after all the I love you's a week previous. Not word ONE since. And after all the $ I gave her a week previous (I dont want to say she set me up but it sure feels like it). Now I am venting, to whomever wants to read this.

ITS NOT FAIR. Drag me back in, hit me in the soft spot of my heart for her, then rip it up like it was paper. I know life isnt fair but shouldnt the players be at least respectful?

Yep, I am sober, angry, upset, feel cheated and abused and my own self confidence took a giant hit for even remotely believing her words.

I have met other women but I have decided I am not emotionally ready for a relationship. She set me back light years all for her own gain. Just to have her cake AND eat it too. I hope karma exists. Or maybe this is my own karmic payback.

All I know is it sucks.

Dude - I feel your pain. Its been about 10 days since we had the talk and she said, "she wasn't 100% into it". Not 1 word from her since. Its been hard, I've been really lonely, upset, all the typical emotions. I mean it was a shock to me too when we broke up. But, here's what's been helping me. First, don't let the thought of getting back together in your head. Based off what she did to you don't you think you deserve better? I mean, it seem's like everything is about her. Did she put your feelings above her's? I bet you did. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't recognize that a relationship is a 2-way stree. I also have been trying to move on in lightspeed i.e. trying to talk to other women, going to bars, the works. I personally think trying to rush that stuff just add to anxiety. It will happen.

It does suck right now, I know how you feel. I'm even a little sad writing this right now, but I keep reassuring myself that life goes on and will be better. I do think that is true.

Work out, take a vacation, focus on you. You deserve it.

I can so relate to this. Thanks for sharing. Karma exists. Just go out there and try to distract yourself from thinking about her. She is not worth it, there are good women out there.

tremolo Guest
    I'm so sorry... breakups can be so hard sometimes. *hugs*

P.S. She sounds like a real conniving bitch.

Don't look at where you have been, look at how far you have come.

You will get setbacks like this because from what what I have read of your posts your a good guy and you just don't tend to see the bad in people so you give them another chance. That's not actually a bad thing although as you are starting to see it's not actually that good for you either. Compassion and empathy can sometimes be a double edge sword.

But in the last few weeks you have started to turn the corner, feel better about yourself, quit the drinking and were being much more positive.

Just look at what she's done as a lapse in your judgement and remind yourself that despite the crap that she's playing you can and have risen above it and become a better person

Quote Originally Posted by Snow4life06 View Post
    Dude - I feel your pain. Its been about 10 days since we had the talk and she said, "she wasn't 100% into it".
    I literally got the exact came thing about 4 weeks ago. " I'm just not 100% into it". I know how much it sucks because. I know how your heart just sinks. I remember being too depressed to get up and take a shower (that didn't last for long though). I didn't eat for a week. I thought the world of her and would have done anything for her. But trust me it does get better. I still think about her all the time but I don't get nearly as sad as I used to.

You will get over it. She's going to be on your mind for a long time, but the sadness and depression will pass. And then soon enough you'll slowly start thinking about her less and less.

Next time get a prostitute. That way you know where your money is going.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.