+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does he want from me?

what does he want from me?

I met him about 8 weeks ago and we talk about everyday online and we even made out, but haven't went out a on date yet. We went biking couple days ago and that was fun, but I honestly can say that I don't know what he wants from me. He is pissing me off right now.

I asked him what type of food he likes to eat and he said he been eating japanese lately, but ate korean food with this girl that I also know. I got a little upset and just played along and said wait, is she this girl's friend? and he said yea. Then he suddenly said that he never took me out for dinner yet and he said that hmm does that look like a date if he takes me out to eat dinner. And I said iono you tell me and he said it would look datish esp if he takes me out. So I asked him is it a good thing or bad thing and he said i don't know. And he said it could be nice dinner together or bad to complicate things even further.

Today when we were in the car, he was talking to me about himself and it was great knowing that he is willing to share this secret with me that he doesn't want his other friend to know yet, but he's making me confused. he would kiss me but says he's confused and said we should just be friends. OK, but he still wants to hang out with me and kind of ask me out to dinner, but asked if i wanted to get dinner with him sometimes and I said sure. But he is confusing me and i don't know if he only wants my body or sorta likes me. When he looks at me, he stares for a bit and then looks away and looks at me and drops his head down and closes his eyes. He told me to stop looking so cute. I was like how can i stop looking cute? I don't even try to act cute. I really don't know if he likes me and I just told him w/e lol i'm going to bed because he's annoying me because I don't know what he wants and I just want to ignore him now... He seems like he's interested in me yet, I am lost at what he wants and it seems like he doesn't know what he wants.... =(

When his friend and I hung out he kept asking me if I was gonna watch movie with him and I said yea and he asked me on that day I was going to the movies again and asked if I had fun. When I finally saw him, he asked how was it and if I had fun again? When I told him his friend was gonna probably ask to go clubbing again and he was like don't give in like he doesn't want me to go clubbing with him...

lately he been giving me a goodbye kiss....

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake View Post
    i don't know if he only wants my body
    If he wanted only your body, he would never have said you should be just friends.

He told me to stop looking so cute. I was like how can i stop looking cute?
    He didn't mean it literally. It's just a way to give a compliment.

I am lost at what he wants and it seems like he doesn't know what he wants
    The "we should just be friends" part is confusing to me too. Otherwise he obviously seems to be very much into you and interested in more but is also very unsure about your interest.
    Are you interested in dating him? If you are, perhaps you should talk about it with him.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

I actually think he might have something going on with another girl, but he likes you as well, and that's why he says stuff like "going on a date with you would be confusing". I think he might be struggling with his conscience cause on one hand he knows he could get you both, but on the other hand he feels it would be wrong. Ask him if he's going out with another girl.

I think searock is right on the money. It sounds like he hasn't something going on already and is trying to string you along until either A) he ends things with the other girls and decides he wants to date you or B ) he convinces you that an affair is good.

I wouldn't consider this guy a romantic possibility at all at this point until he gets off the fence. Keep looking for other romantic possibilities. And maybe spend a little less time with this guy too, to try to keep your own emotions in check.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

If he wanted only your body, he would never have said you should be just friends.
    if all he wanted was your body and no relationship, then that is exactly what he would say. That is the line that many PUA's use to justify not committing while they have away with your body.

OP: Why don't you ask him why he thinks taking you out to dinner would complicate things. This guy plays mind games (probably unintentionally) so it would be a very good idea that if you do not understand what he is saying that you immediately ask him what he means. You will be here everyday asking us strangers, who couldn't possibly know what he actually means if you don't.

I really suggest you ask for clairfication from him on his ambiguity and quit playing coy with him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    if all he wanted was your body and no relationship, then that is exactly what he would say.
    Really? I thought it would work out better if there was sexual tension first and then you'd go about agreeing that relationship isn't what either is after.
    Well, I suppose it's better for both parties to make it clear from the beginning that you're just going to be friends but I always imagined it would kill the sexual interest on the womans side.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Really? I thought it would work out better if there was sexual tension first and then you'd go about agreeing that relationship isn't what either is after.
    Well, I suppose it's better for both parties to make it clear from the beginning that you're just going to be friends but I always imagined it would kill the sexual interest on the womans side.
    ...I think it would actually increase mine. It would be a "rational turn off" though, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    ...I think it would actually increase mine.
    Wow, I never would have thought it would work like that This is such an eye opener. Maybe I should tell girls that I just want to be friends from now on

Wow, I never would have thought it would work like that This is such an eye opener. Maybe I should tell girls that I just want to be friends from now on
    LOL, it depends on whether the girl likes you already or not of course, I mean if a guy I'm not attracted to tells me "hey let's just be friends" it's not like I'm gonna be magically turned on XD... But yeah I mean if I like the guy, I'll only want him more if I think that he isn't into me and stuff. But that's just me (I don't want responsibilities )!

LOL, it depends on whether the girl likes you already or not of course, I mean if a guy I'm not attracted to tells me "hey let's just be friends" it's not like I'm gonna be magically turned on XD
    Well, obviously. But if there's no attraction, I don't lose anything by suggesting to be just friends.

But yeah I mean if I like the guy, I'll only want him more if I think that he isn't into me and stuff.
    Yeah, I've read similar reactions by women on this forums on several threads before. It's so counter intuitive that a (some?) girls are more attracted to people who aren't into them. If I met a girl who was interested in me, I would go crazy about her

Well, obviously. But if there's no attraction, I don't lose anything by suggesting to be just friends.
    True, but you would be lying anyway. Major turn off. Say it only if you mean it - or if you just want to get laid and forget about her afterwards, not if you're looking for a relationship!

Yeah, I've read similar reactions by women on this forums on several threads before. It's so counter intuitive that a (some?) girls are more attracted to people who aren't into them. If I met a girl who was interested in me, I would go crazy about her
    Yeah, I've never quite understood that about guys actually. Funny XD.

True, but you would be lying anyway. Major turn off. Say it only if you mean it - or if you just want to get laid and forget about her afterwards, not if you're looking for a relationship!
    If I am interested in a relationship, I could never mean it if I said that I wanted to be just friends They are pretty much exclusive.
    I've never been interested in one night stands but I've met a few girls that find me somewhat attractive even though they aren't interested in a relationship with me. A friends with benefits relationship with such girls would be very interesting to me and I suppose that I wouldn't lie at all if I said that it would be best for us to be just friends.

If I am interested in a relationship, I could never mean it if I said that I wanted to be just friends They are pretty much exclusive.
    I've never been interested in one night stands but I've met a few girls that find me somewhat attractive even though they aren't interested in a relationship with me. A friends with benefits relationship with such girls would be very interesting to me and I suppose that I wouldn't lie at all if I said that it would be best for us to be just friends.
    Hmm. I think that (for me) it only "works" if the phrase "let's just be friends" means that they are not interested - basically - in having sex (or anything of the sort) with me. If they mean it as in "let's just be friends with benefits", I don't think it would stir a reaction one way or the other (it would depend on the situation).

So, in short: You are attracted more to people who don't find you attractive.
    Crazy, I tell ya'.

So, in short: You are attracted more to people who don't find you attractive.
    Crazy, I tell ya'.
    I know, and it does lead to more suffering than the other way around would (I wish it wasn't like this!). But I'm probably in the minority, even among girls (at least I hope so). And of course it's not like I don't like any of the guys who find me attractive, that would be even worse XD.
    Last edited by searock; 02-09-11 at 01:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast