+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Problem with stubborn girlfriend??

Problem with stubborn girlfriend??

How's Things?

I'm having a bit of a problem with my girlfriend at the moment, we are both 20 and are together about 16 months(bar a 2month break up last xmas). when we got back together at xmas everything was great and our sex life was great too, exactly the same as the first time we went out wed have sex twice a day if not more. Now since christmas when we got back together we are very happy with each other and do get along very well 80% of the time. She lives just with her mother and do spend alot of time there, When I got back with her I planned on seeing her every second night but over time it led to every day and now I pretty much live with her in her mothers house and would rarely stay in my own, Id just go home to shower/change etc.

At this moment in time our sex life has changed big time from our once 2/3 times a day to 2/3 times a week. Now I can take into consideration that she is now in full time employment but i was also in full time employment when we were going like rabbits!.I feel as if alot of the time now its just a case of when we are having sex she wants it over just as quick which I can assure you is making me feel like absolute sh*t, and if i mention anything about our sex life it some how rises to an argument or her getting pissed off.
    But my main problem is her moods, I cant talk to her at all! half the time she is pissed off with me and if i asked whats wrong i get the response " nothings wrong!! why do you always think theres something wrong" when I know theres something wrong as she'd be sitting there in a mood. If i dont call her or ring her she gets into a mood if i head out on the beer she gets into a mood even if i want to stay at home in my house she gets into a mood. any time i ring her if shes not in a good mood she will just say yes or no answers to everything and wont talk about anything.

I feel as if im trying so hard and cannot win at all. Im always really nice to her and do everything for her. I come home from a long day in work and walk in and be as happy as i can be even tho im bolloxed tired but its just so she wont get into a mood. I do love her, but she makes it awfull hard to when she acts like this which is pretty much every day at least once, and when she is in a mood like this I try get her out of it which is pretty much me being as loving and caring as I can even tho I just want to walk out and stop trying.

I am literally walking on egg shells and have to watch everything I say for fear of her getting into a mood!. Like even down to heading out for beer with the lads - she will make me feel guiltty and then she will have to go out on the beer the same night and get really drunk because she cant sit in while im out - e.g last time I went out she went out also to a gaf with a few friends lads & women, fell asleep at the house and her phone was out of reception between the hours of half to 4 in the morn even tho I could txt her erarlier that night and also when she "awoke".-i forgave her for it but if that was me that done that id be hearing of it for WEEKS I dont know what to make of it. Can anyone give me any advice on the situation im in as I dont know what to do Please. Im really stuck

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by steve_152; 03-09-11 at 10:35 PM.

Why don't you go home and live there and give the girl some breathing room. I got claustrophobia just reading your account of your life together. Don't you take her out? Don' you have any friends that you hang with (without it being at the pub? Don't the two of you have your own hobbies where you spend some time away from one another long enough to discuss your interests and thereby being interesting? Do the two of you even have any other interests?

You can't make one person your entire bleeding life. If you do you'll lose attraction for one another and next thing you know one of you is constantly driving the other batting with questions like "What's wrong?"

I say go home and go back to dating because it sounds like the only thing you two actually have in common is sex and she only enjoys it when she hasn't seen you in a while. This is not uncommon by the sounds of things I've been reading lately. It's why so many men can't be bothered to get married or live together because the two of you allow things to get boring and you get bored of one another.

Do that or at least change things up a bit and do with her what you did before you got comfortable and started to take each other for granted. I think the girl needs some breathing room.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion