+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girls how would you react if you found a hairclip in a guy's room?

girls how would you react if you found a hairclip in a guy's room?

So me and this guy constantly flirting and hanging out. Sometimes i go to his place to watch movies, play video games, etc, and we make out. After all this time, i was at his place, I just noticed a hairclip hanging on a pin on the bulletin board. And I was like why do you have a hair clip? And he said what? what is that?... In the beginning I was just joking around and clipped it on his hair. I know for sure that wasn't mines. Then he told me that it belonged to this girl he met couple of months ago before he knew me and she moved back to Boston and they only hung out once. And I said I bet it was couple days ago and he was like you don't believe? so you think it was couple days ago not couple of months ago? He said, what can he do, so I can trust him. He asked me what does he want me to do with the hairclip. Throw it away? and I said iono, its up to you.

He said What happens if she asked for it back? Dude why is it there when she's all the way in Boston? Why would a girl even want a stupid hairclip back unless if has some meaning to it like it was passed down the from the family, but obviously she never asked for it back, so there's no point in keeping it.

anyways he kept hugging me and asking if I was mad at him and he doesn't want to see my mad or sad like that. He look apologetic lol, but I just don't know what to say to him because it just a darn hairclip.... I wasn;t really that mad, but I wish guy's would use their brain to think instead of being stupid to keep a hairclip and be like what if she want it back? If my friend left her hairclip and she went away, I would see the point of keeping it for myself, but for a guy?

I think a fling going on and he asked if I was looking for a boyfriend and I said iono maybe and he said the same thing. But I don't know if he just wants to be my boyfriend just so he can make out with me.

Um... ok? So you actually aren't his girlfriend because if you were you'd have stated as much. All you are is someone who hangs out with him and makes out with him. No guy keeps a freakin hair clip from a girl they met once who lives in Boston, period. The most likely scenario is that he was with some girl fairly recently and she left it there. Should he have lied about it? No. However you aren't his girlfriend so he doesn't owe you any sort of explanation.

This is only my opinion based solely on the limited information you gave, but it sounds like he's having sex with some girl and didn't want to upset you so that he can keep you around and eventually have sex with you too. Do whatever you want, but if I were you I wouldn't even bother entering into a relationship with him. He didn't owe you an explanation, but that doesn't excuse the lie (especially since it seems that he was bent on "proving" to you that he wasn't lying).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

My last BF had a pair of earrings hanging on his dresser and they sat there from the first day I was in his room till the last, I asked him once whose they were and he said he honestly didn't remember but they were just always there and he completely forgot about them till I mentioned it. The guy I'm seeing now has one of those small hair clips sitting on his nightstand amidst his junk and again, it's always there, never moves. I think a lot of guys just suck at cleaning up and things like this probably really have no meaning at all to them. I think you are looking way too far into it.

I actually moved into a new apartment and there were a few bits of junk lying around in a drawer I never used. One of these was a fancy hairclip, which my then-girlfriend found and was very suspicious about. She could not understand why I hadn't moved it if it was junk, but as the above poster said, I'm afraid it never crossed my mind because I didn't use the drawer and wasn't in the slightest bothered by it. Absolutely no recrimination there whatsoever, but I admit it looked bad.

I'd say if you are thinking of a relationship with him you just have to trust what he says and tell him to throw it away. If he does that without any hesitation I can't see that you have anything to worry about.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd point it out... implying it should be rid of. If it's a meaningless piece of junk he shouldn't have any problem chucking it. I would not however sit there and huff and puff over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    My last BF had a pair of earrings hanging on his dresser and they sat there from the first day I was in his room till the last, I asked him once whose they were and he said he honestly didn't remember but they were just always there and he completely forgot about them till I mentioned it. The guy I'm seeing now has one of those small hair clips sitting on his nightstand amidst his junk and again, it's always there, never moves. I think a lot of guys just suck at cleaning up and things like this probably really have no meaning at all to them. I think you are looking way too far into it.
    I agree. When I went to my bfs house he had his ex girlfriends hairclips and a bracelet a few little things scattered around. At first I was like, why is he keeping it? but I learned to know he just doesnt care to throw it out out of laziness. Im sure it means nothing to him and you're overreacting. Though he also doesnt owe you an explanation if you two aren't official.

My last BF had a pair of earrings hanging on his dresser and they sat there from the first day I was in his room till the last,
    OMG... I can only imagine the dust...

On Topic: I agree with Incognito.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Clip the hair clip on his penis.

sadie_genie Guest
    LOL. Maybe he likes to collect them as trophies of his "conquests". Now I wonder what my ex did with the lacy underwear I left at his place when he gets lonely...