+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Picking up pattens of love blues from friends will I grow old alone?

Picking up pattens of love blues from friends will I grow old alone?

How can I broaden my circle and chances of meeting the right guy? I hate bars and I am not a real social buff. I am afraid I will end up like one of my friends said an old lady with cats. My grandmother ended up alone and was found dead in her house. She was elderly though. But her own kids wouldn''t even deal with her and what is scary is that people say I look like her. Could I be another one like my grandmother. Cycles do repeat themselves. I am seriously given up on meeting a husband I am 45 years old and tired and discouraged now. what to do? All of my friends are single too and complain they have given up too. But I have to get back to my usual self where I met plenty of guys, kept my hair done all the time, appearances etc. but even that does not work any more. I keep attracting these old fossil of men. The ones that look well kept and youthful such as my self are all taken. I do not even look my age and my figure is like one of 20 year old and nice look face I think. what can I do to get out of this slump. I am starting to think like my single friends who have not had a man in years and they have given up too. I do not want to feel like them. Picking up their bad habits of giving up and spending weekends with a women or no one at all. Should I relocate to another city or am I too old and bring the same thoughts with me where ever I go. I feel like it is too late to move to a new city because I will still be the same person. I feel like I am in a slump. I am depressed and my doctor has mentioned putting me on depression and anxiety pills. I am turning into one of my friends who has been taking the same medicine too. I feel like she is rubbing off and I am taking pills like her. What to do? Change my circle of friends and social life to get away from these man-less women who will probably die alone? I do not want this to be my story. I feel guilty and i do not want to change my friends at this age because I have become comfortable and known them very well and making friends at this age is just too risky. What do you think? You can not trust people as much as you get older because you know nothing about their past. What do I do?
    Last edited by elmore44; 10-09-11 at 12:29 PM.

Have you ever tried online dating sites?

What are the success rates. Other friends have mentioned that me several times. No I have browsed them but never signed up. It won't hurt I guess. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by elmore44 View Post
    What are the success rates.
    The success rates are much better than sitting around with bitter single women every weekend.

Lol thats true ^
    I dont know the success rates but you can look them up depending on which site you choose.
    Ive never tried myself so Im not sure which ones are the best but my friend got a few hits on Plentyoffish.com that was worth looking deeper into. I would make profiles on multiple sites.

Your other options would be to join a club of some sort or volunteer in which you'd be socializing with new people.. or approach men first if you haven't been already.