+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Add girl to facebook after getting rejected?

Add girl to facebook after getting rejected?

Well, I met this girl a couple weeks ago and got her facebook. She had a public phone number (it was on facebook) so I sent her a text to say "what's up this is my_name" and she ignored me. This made me really mad because I thought she was interested so I deleted her off of facebook. Now I'm regretting this and am thinking if I should add her again.

I requested a girl I asked out this summer from a class of mine to be my friend a couple days after she rejected me and ignored it, but about 3 weeks later I tried again and this time she accepted it (although she doesn't talk on chat to me). Would it be a bad idea to facebook this girl from a couple weeks ago?

On one hand I feel like it would show her that I'm OK with it and am not going to be holding a pissed off grudge, but on the other hand it seems like I'm acting more desperate or trying to be her friend and weasel my way into a relationship.

Yes, it would probably be a bad idea. The only purpose of adding her after she blew you off would be to stalk her...and THAT makes it a horrible idea.

thebloodycoon Guest
    I say let her go. Anything else would seem desperate and girls definitely don't want desperate. There are so many beautiful girls out there, why go after the ones that are not interested?

Now I'm regretting this and am thinking if I should add her again.
    >Why would you regret trying to cling to a girl who rejected you?
    >Why do you care if after one girl rejected you but you waited three weeks and she added you but won't talk to you? What is the point of being added to some C words friends list if she ignores your ass?
    >Why do you pin so much importance on facebook when all it mostly is is women like the two you talk about who just collect trophys so that their friends list grows while that strokes their ego? If she's not a real friend that you already know in real life then Newsflash: She's not really a friend now is she? Get to know her in real life and when through actions you know she's a friend then add her.
    >Get out there and meet real people and only add them once you have been in their company long enough to know each other's last name, what their fav colour is and that you can tell by the look in their eye and the reflection in their voice that they are into you. Anything less than that and it's just a useless exercise in male/female interaction.

Your game is sorely lacking as it is so change it up.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

So you have this person added on facebook that you hardly know and they hardly know you, weeks later after no contact you send a vague text messages with your name to her phone that you don't have permission to contact her on, and then you get pissed that she fails to answer? Um... I probably wouldn't even know who the hell you are from that. I've got a bunch of people added on facebook I never talk to and wouldn't connect to a name. I'd write it off as some strange guy texting me or texting a wrong number and ignore it. Then you removed her which she's going to have noticed. If it were me there's no way I'd add you again. I'd probably consider you emotionally unstable or something and annoying for contacting my phone when I hardly knew you and hadn't give you permission to.

Why would you be putting your phone number on a unrestricted facebook profile. What is the thinking behind that kind of disclosure?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

kageri: I did not send a message weeks later. I sent a message the day after I met her. Still bad but not as bad as sending an expected text message weeks later.
    Regardless, it doesn't ****ing matter, I'm a goddamn failure with women. I'm at the point now where I barely even have any drive to try anymore. Just trying is so exhausting, perhaps it would be much easier to sit in my room by myself and try to forget about it. I've tried going to the club and to the bar a few times in the past few weeks but I just feel like "what's the point" now. Those sort of places aren't something I'd naturally do and it probably shows.

I know it came across as desperate/whatever but it just seems like she wasn't in to me as much as I thought. I thought she was being pretty obvious about what she thought of me because when she met me she was like "I see you all the time, my name is such and such, what's yours?". If that wasn't what she was doing that's an odd thing to say to a stranger. I'd think saying "I've seen you a couple times around campus, do you take classes in blah Hall?" Anyway, someone who was really into you would probably let it slide and just be happy you contacted them (at least I would think). I mean, I told her exactly where I got the number from so it was obvious I didn't really do any stalking to get it. I should've asked, but still, why put your phone number on a profile when you've got 800 friends?

Yes, I deleted her. If she didn't respond to my text message then she isn't my friend in any way, facebook or not. It would just be a waste to keep her on there. Anyway, facebook is useless. You all are right, trying to add her back is damn stupid.
    Last edited by robertdawson; 15-09-11 at 09:23 AM.

I should've asked, but still, why put your phone number on a profile when you've got 800 friends?
    She's an immature attention whore. Don't let her and her drama make you bitter towards women in general or your ability to pull woman. Any negative responses towards you should be directed towards woman who have 800 unknown "friends" on fb as far as I'm concerned. Stay away from girls who post their cell phone numbers on an unrestricted facefvck page... They'll not be worth your efforts.

Now, forget her and get yourself out there. Remember rejection is just an opportunity lost. Her opportunity, not yours. Adopt an abundance mentality and don't let this set you back.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-09-11 at 11:40 AM. Reason: snipped.