+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did he ever like me or was he just nice?

Did he ever like me or was he just nice?

There's this shy guy I was seeing for around 6 months; well it was more of an "exclusive" FWB relationship because we never established a status. We started off as friends but he was so nice and cute to me that I just couldn't help myself and kissed him. Then it just escalated from there. We would always have sex and whatever else. We would always be together and everyone thought we were a couple but we never really were official. He was painstakingly shy and it just bothered me that we never went there... to the talk, so I ended up kind of "breaking up" with him. We always tiptoed around that issue of where we "were". When we broke up, I didn't tell him it was because of that, I simply said I had too many things going on and our friendship was too crazy for me to keep up.

Sometimes when we wouldn't stay in touch he would text me but most of the time it was me initiating contact. I initiated most of the things. I initiated the first kiss. I would even initiate sex so it wasn't he like he pushed me into it. But once it was there, he couldn't keep his hands off of me. He would turn down his friends to be with me, and he was never with another girl (sexually at least). He actually turned down a girl that was into him, I don't know why because I never said he couldn't but it was a nice gesture. I don't know how I would have handled that.

But he never made an effort to make us official. I don't know if he was just being nice and not rejecting me, or if he genuinely liked me, or if was just too shy to go there, or if he thought we were already a couple.

Now that it's over, I kind of keep asking myself if he ever meant for us to be together. I kind of wished we still were. He was a really nice guy and once out of his shell, he was really fun.

So what do you all think?

EDIT:

Oh and I don't know if it matters but it was his "first time" being with a girl like this... like at all.
    Last edited by Dazy; 12-09-11 at 08:22 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, you want something, you won't tell him what you want, and you broke up with him for it? Now you're thinking of doing it again?

No, I don't think we could ever be together again because he ended up going to another city for college. He was planning to stay but after the breakup I guess he changed his mind. I don't know if he really liked me though and I guess part of me just wants to know.