+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too soon?

Too soon?

This is probably the wrong forum to post this to but, honestly, I think I know the most amount of people who frequent this forum than any others and would appreciate their opinions. Been a while since I've roamed the site. Mostly due to the fact that I have so insanely busy lately. Anyway, I recently had this really intimate week with a friend. I've known her for almost 2 years via the internet. Never really met her or hung out outside of Skype video chat or Facebook. I had always had a crush on her but she lives quite the distance from me. I was going to be in her town and she suggested that I could stay at her place to save on possible hotel fares. I, in all honesty, thought it was going to chill and completely platonic but we were all over each other the minute we walked through her apartment door.

It was a pretty amazing week. I was actually only supposed to stay there a mere 4 days but extended the trip an extra 5 days so I could spend more time with her. After I left, we have had small conversations via texting and what not but nothing crazy. I think about her all the time and have already committed to the idea of flying back over there to visit in the near future. Now, I want to send her some flowers just to show her that I'm still around. Just wondering if I should send them her house or work? I've also been reading online/asking around and it seems that roses would be too cheesy. I had this idea of sending her a dozen multicolored roses but now, I'm not too sure. Any advice on this one? Is it too soon for flowers?

When you say small conversations, do you mean you dont talk as much now you have met?

Send them to her house; she could feel really embarassed if you send them to her workplace.Besides, you don't know what it is like over there-maybe she doesn't want people at work knowing what is going on in her private life and it is still very early days in your relationship for her to talk about it with her colleagues so if you send her flowers at work you might be putting her into an awkward position.

I see no problem with roses. Just send her the flowers you think she will like, you are the one who knows her and as this is an intimate gesture it should reflect your taste.