+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does he like me or not?

does he like me or not?

PLEASE DONT PRESS BACK BECAUSE ITS LONG!

Well here goes, this might be long but i really really need peoples opinions on this and help me figure out what is going on.

Okay, my best friend has a cousin who i really like, but he has a girlfriend. I started liking him back in the middle of May this year, and i decided to tell him about 5 weeks ago. When i told him, he didnt say weather he liked me or not (reason probably being he has a girlfriend) but he made me promise i wont act weird around him and told me not to feel awkward because he doesnt. Anyway, i think by me telling him how i felt made us closer as we staretd seeing eachother and texting eachother more.

im not gonna go into everything so im just gonna point out the things that are going on that i dont understand.
    He texts me every morning with 'Wake up lazy ***. how are you today x'
    every time hes around me, he likes to tease me/call me names/laugh at stupid things i say/play fight and he LOVES trying to wind me up just so i retaliate and do exactly the same back to him. he randomly asks me a few times a week to go with him and his friend to the driving range and then go grab something to eat.
    Him, his girlfriend and me were all at the same party. he payed most of his attention to me, he sat next to me and bought me drinks. dont get me wrong he paid some attention to his girlfriend but more so me. He knew i felt awkward wearing a dress and every 10 minutes or so he was saying 'why do you feel awkward, you look fine.' and then in the end he said 'do you want an honest opionion? because you look lovely'. then we were in the middle of a conversation and he said 'wow your eyes are really green, they're like proper green. I have green eyes, and green eyes are the best' then smiled. he kept putting his hand on my leg an squeezing it and he dragged me up and held my hand and took me to the dancefloor and put his arm around me and we danced with everyone else. At the end of the night, his bestfriend pulled me to one side and asked if there was anything going on, to which i told him i liked him, an he said he could tell, and he also thinks he likes me a little bit because we enjoy eachothers company...
    whenever he is at his cousins (my bestfriend) he always offers to take me home. and everytime im about to get out of the car, he hits me so i hit him back. but the other night i was getting out an he put his hand on my leg and went 'are you alright, i can tell by your eyes your not' and i asked how and he said 'because your noo looking into my eyes when you talk to me' so we both just stared at eachother and i had to turn away because i was so tempted to kiss him and i think he knew that so he just smiled and said goodbye. also, one night he drove me home, he played some songs and then he put on U2- City of blinding lights and skipped right to the part where it said 'you look so beautiful tonight' and turned his head away when i looked at him.

also, we were talking about my liking him the other day and he asked me why im so embarrassed about liking him and i said 'surely you would be too if you liked someone' and he replied with 'No i wouldnt because what can you do about it? but ive told you anyway, its just a phase your going through dont worry about it. but please dont change with me' so i said i wont change as long as you dont and he said 'well i havent changed yet so am not going to now, but it wont last long because all we do is fight and argue, but i like the way we fight and argue cause its good fun x' (we fight and argue in a joking around way)
    he also says stuff like 'its because you love me'

i wanna know what you guys think of all this, im sorry its long and not put together in the best way but i just wrote everything i can remember and threw it all together. i just really need help to understand this guy! thankyou for reading

can anyone at all help, i really need opinions

From the sound of it, he probably likes you and wants you, but he has a girlfriend, so I wouldn't try to push things any further. He is with his girlfriend for a reason. If he's doing this kind of stuff with you while he's with somebody else, I'd be a little cautious of him. Sounds like he might not be faithful. I'd suggest backing off a bit. If he's single, it's up to you if you want to pursue something with him. But just keep in mind that if he's doing this kind of stuff behind his current g/f's back, there's a chance he could do the same to you.

That's my opinion.

He sounds like a knob, reckon you could do better. Are you prettier than his gf? If you are, then tell him to make a choice or stop acting like a big u2 loving homo.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It seems like he likes the attention, kind of likes you, but is comfortable in his relationship (or else he'd be with you).

Your mistake was a while ago - you can't go for a guy in a relationship. It usually ends badly for you.

At this point, you have two options. Back off completely, or just go for it. I'd suggest the first.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    He sounds like a knob, reckon you could do better. Are you prettier than his gf? If you are, then tell him to make a choice or stop acting like a big u2 loving homo.
    Jesus. This is why trolls are bad for this place.

So this girl takes his advice, says "I'm not pretty enough", and ends up with that complex for longer than this guy.

Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Jesus. This is why trolls are bad for this place.

So this girl takes his advice, says "I'm not pretty enough", and ends up with that complex for longer than this guy.

Awful.
    "ends up with that complex for longer than this guy"?
    What does even mean , dude?
    Only thing thats "awful" is that sentence.
    The lady asked for advice, i gave her the benefit of my wisdom.
    You on the other hand told her to give up, when in fact she might be pretty enough to steal this twat from his gf.
    Pretty poor advice imo...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    "ends up with that complex for longer than this guy"?
    What does even mean , dude?
    Only thing thats "awful" is that sentence.
    The lady asked for advice, i gave her the benefit of my wisdom.
    You on the other hand told her to give up, when in fact she might be pretty enough to steal this twat from his gf.
    Pretty poor advice imo...
    Oh good Lord.