+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Big Brother (not the governmental type)

Big Brother (not the governmental type)

Ok, now weird stuff is going on.

I've gotten close to this girl, but as friends. We have hung out on a couple of occasions, and we talk a lot. We see each other at least once a week, and I was thinking we were getting close. So V-Day came around and I decided give her something special. It didn't go down all that well, but we still left each other on a friendly basis.

Well, over the last few weeks I haven't seen her at our usual meeting place (Church) because of a lot of internal and external issues I've been dealing with. She called me once to try and get me to come, but I refused because I had too much on my mind to worry about. Well, I finally was able to come to Church a few days ago, and after the meeting was over she went off to talk to someone else and I was getting ready to leave when her big brother comes over and starts engaging a friendly conversation with me (something we dont normally do at all). Out of all the things he wants to know, he wants my cell phone number and the days I work among some other questions. After time to wonder over this, I'm thinking:

A: He's playing big "protective" brother because she's said something to him about me. or
    B: He's just being friendly and wants to start a friendship...

So before I jump to conclusions I want to know what you guys think...
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

Maybe she wants the two of you to become friends and had a quick chat with him, telling him to get to know you

I'm not going to jump to conclusions but i think you can only look at this as being positve, so all the best and keep us informed

Like Andy said, it doesn't seem like anything bad. I'd say take it for what it is... there didn't really seem to be much evidence for the first possibility... I think that is just your paranoia of what happened on v-day getting to you.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Hey, thanx for the replies!

I think its going rather well. Yes, I think it was total paranoia. Its just that he's becoming a lot more friendly than usual to me, so Im wondering what's up. I found out that I really worried her when I didn't show up for so long, at that maybe this is his way of trying to get me to stay around and not getting that to happen. I don't know. Im still fairly looking into this new developement, but Im more going toward taking a back-seat and just watching what goes on around me, and then make my decisions as they come. Whatever happens happens, but Ill try to keep you guys informed if something truly out of the ordinary goes down.
    Thanx again. Peace out.
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

It seems kind of weird that he would want to know the days that you work. I personally would let the friendship evolve before giving up any info. If he isn't genuine, he'll slip up. Taking back seat approach I think is very smart.

Man hes probably queer and wants those nuts of yours. Just give him the number and play him so you can get closer to that chic.....or maybe he wants to get to know you, ive had chics that have brothers who try to get all buddy buddy. Just go with it
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat