+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Boss

Confusing Boss

This is going to sound crazy but I am unsure if my boss really does not like me or if he may like me to much. MY boss tends to get really angry with me unlike everyone else. He gets mad at other but he goes crazy on me. We have had all out wars and I have even quite before. He then aplogizes. I am usually his consultant, his "filter" for the rest of the world, and generally the person that runs his work life. This would be weird working realtionship if nothing else if something weird didn't happen. After another blow out we go for coffee and he started to freak out a little saying "I shouldn't act like that with you, it's unprofessional. But there is something about you that rubs me the wrong way. Just something about you. But if I thought you did a bad job I would just fire you. " It just felt so weird. I in no way want to project my thought on it. Sometimes we can be best friend, and other moments it is like a war zone. Other say he may like me in another way but sometimes I feel like he just can't stand me. I also find him glaring at me a lot.

Brutaly honest? Just sounds like he has a lot on his plate and you're (sorry to say this) an easy victim. What do you do when he screams and shouts? I'm guessing you're flabbergasted, right? At a loss for words?
    Can't say this sounds like a man in love. Not even a little bit. Think you need to stand up to him when he has one of these outbursts, this is indeed unprofessional.
    Think you're confusing a man who's heading towards a burnout with a man who's got feelings for you. Again, sorry.

No, thank you. I like your answer better then everyone else. Your right and I think it is really just time to go. The economy is bad but I can do so much better. Thanks for the advise.

Some men just don't like assertive women, they are a big threat to the man. This is usually because the man is very insecure. Be very careful around this guy and don't put up with his BS. If he starts yelling, tell him "Don't you ever talk to me like that" and leave the room. Keep doing this until it stops. If and when he apologizes, reiterate that you are on his side, but you cannot help him like you want when he loses his temper. Also mention that him getting angry is unprofessional, being professional seems to be SOMETHING he values, anyway.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)