+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could she be in love with me?

Could she be in love with me?

I've been dating this girl on and off for about 3 years. We've had a strange relationship to say the least. I love her with all my heart and I hope she feels the same way. The problem is it has been a tough relationship because she has had no time over the last few years. She not only took college courses during high school but also worked full time. So we've only been "casually dating" until now. For the last few months we've had a true relationship. But over the last few years I've been the only guy she's dated at all and we've made some mistakes but have always found our way back to each other. But I'm wondering if she loves me and whether I should tell her that I love her.
    Here are the signs I've picked up on:
    -Even though she has no free time (because of work and school) she still makes a serious effort to see me whenever possible
    -She talks about our future plans together
    -Even though my family is crazy she often tells me how much she likes them
    -We can spend hours talking and not get bored
    -She remembers just about everything about me and almost everything I say
    -She truly cares about my ambitions and goals and is always pushing me and motivating me to be the best I can be
    -She cares about my well-being and health
    -She helps me with whatever problems I have in my life
    -Whenever we're out with a crowd of people, she tends to just stay around me
    -We can spend a whole day together and not do anything and still have a great time.

sadie_genie Guest
    Nope. She is just a very good actress.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Casually dating? What exactly does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Casually dating? What exactly does that mean?
    I mean that we didn't have enough free time in our lives to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. So we just went on dates whenver we had the opportunity.

It sounds like you have the basic makings of a great relationship, but it sounds like this could be the same thing between two best friends. How is your relationship "romantically"?

Be careful as she could be looking at it as a brother type situ! May be some love there though depends on whether you want to risk losing th efriendship?

I am sorry but after 3 whole years you either are in a relationship or you are not. If she truly wanted to be with you none of the reasons you mentioned would be a real issue. When someone is truly in love they will do everythign to be with you regardless of any obstacles.

If after 3 years you are still uncertain of her feelings and are still not in a relationship together then you are wasting your time. This is not going to change.

My advice would be to have a last, open discussion with her and explain what you want, ie. I am in love with you and I want to be in a committed relationship with you.Would you like that?. If she still doesn't clearly tell you that she wants to be with you or just says maybe in the future blah, blah, blah then she is never going to be your girlfriend and as painful as it may sound you will need to cut off all contact wiith her so that you can start working on getting over this, otherwise you will waste more of your time at the detriment of your emotional health hoping for something that is never going to happen..

She knows you well enough by now to know whether she wants to be with you and if she hasn't made that decision yet then this just means you are her booty call and/or emotional crutch and she will leave you high and dry the minute she meets a guy that she can fall in love with, because by the sound of it you are not that guy.

Well we are in an exlusive relationship and romantically we do makeout but have never had sex. Like I said, we are in a real relationship now.