+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know if I should still contact him...

I don't know if I should still contact him...

Here is a story of this guy...

I met him online and have been emailing each other for 5 months now. I enjoyed very much the emails as I like the things he did and his passion about life. We finally exchanged our numbers since last month and we started to Whatsapp each other. Things become a bit too instant that he doesnt always reply my messages now. Btw, he is a doctor that I think work occupies him much of his time. We have only talked once via video cam. Sometimes I would prefer just going back to emails given that his time is too limited to afford talking instantly.

I just feel that it is a pity that we remain so distant apart even we have been talking for 5 months. He appears to be v protective that we can only have casual conversations.

Now his birthday is coming up soon in Oct. and I would very much like to send him a song that I compose. Do you think I shall do that? How would he react as a guy.

He had once mentioned about meeting up face to face. But when it comes to talking about details such as date and such, he said it is a bit pushy. Now I don't think I would raise this up again, which means that we will remain internet friends forever if he doesnt mention about meeting up again.

Sigh.

Hey

How old are you both can I ask? As a doctor yes he definitely doesn't have time to whatsapp you constantly it would be impossible for him.

Just keep the messages to a few a day and dont reply instantly but when you're both online have a chat no problem.

As for meeting up he just might be a bit unsure I mean I've met someone from online before and it's nerve wracking and well to be honest a bit strange, as much as I'm glad I did it. Also for a lot of guys explaining to your friends and family you're going away for a few days to meet up with someone you met online is a bit weird so just message him as a happy confident girl that he would want to meet and not a needy one.

Write him the song, record the video. Watch it a few times. Sleep on it then decide yourself if you should send it as that's up to you and the level of friendship you're both have right now.

Hope that helps!

I say don't bother with it. Its been 5 months and he doesn't want to meet, so why bother putting any more effort into him?

I'd start looking elsewhere.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1 View Post
    Hey

How old are you both can I ask? As a doctor yes he definitely doesn't have time to whatsapp you constantly it would be impossible for him.

Just keep the messages to a few a day and dont reply instantly but when you're both online have a chat no problem.

As for meeting up he just might be a bit unsure I mean I've met someone from online before and it's nerve wracking and well to be honest a bit strange, as much as I'm glad I did it. Also for a lot of guys explaining to your friends and family you're going away for a few days to meet up with someone you met online is a bit weird so just message him as a happy confident girl that he would want to meet and not a needy one.

Write him the song, record the video. Watch it a few times. Sleep on it then decide yourself if you should send it as that's up to you and the level of friendship you're both have right now.

Hope that helps!
    Don't do any of that ^^^^ He's making absolutely no effort to move this fantasy email relationship to the next level as a REAL life dating and relating. You'd do best to ignore him until he reaches out for you. I suspect that by the time he actually does that, you'll have forgotten who he is. He's hiding something or someone from you so quit wasting your time, energy and most of all your emotion on him. If he's not initiating or wanting to meet you then he's not worth your time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What Wakeup said it spot-on.

I have a suspicion that he's married or has a GF, and is enjoying the attention from you, but does not intend to ever move forward with it. Best you move on.