+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I told my girlfriend I love her, but.....

I told my girlfriend I love her, but.....

Well I've been dating this girl on and off for a few years and we've had a very inconsistent relationship. But for the last few months we've settled down and things have been going really well. Anyway yesterday we were texting each other and I got carried away. I told her I love her in a text message (never said it to her before). I don't know why I did it, maybe it was just a heat of the moment type of thing. I've wanted to tell her but have been afraid to. And I'm pretty sure she feels the same way. I mean the signs are right there in front of me. But when I sent that to her, all she replied was "oh wow". And then she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. Later I downplayed it saying how I just got carried away and that I shouldn't have done it that way, and that I hope it doesn't change things between us. And finally late at night she said that it was kind of awkward but that it wouldn't change anything between us. So what does this mean?? Does she feel the same possibly but is afraid to say it?

Either she doesn't feel it, or she isn't ready to say that to you. Doesn't really matter, because she said it wouldn't change things between you. So you can continue the relationship and pretend you never said anything, or you can break up if it's a deal breaker that she won't say she loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Either she doesn't feel it, or she isn't ready to say that to you. Doesn't really matter, because she said it wouldn't change things between you. So you can continue the relationship and pretend you never said anything, or you can break up if it's a deal breaker that she won't say she loves you.
    I wouldn't breakup with her because of that. I care about her too much. I am pretty sure she feels the same way or close to it because of some of the signs. Some of those signs include : she spends her only free day of the week with me, she cares about everything I do and motivates me to be my best, she remembers everything I say, and does whatever she can to help me when I have a problem, and of course the physical part is their too. Also she does whatever she can to keep me happy and always puts my needs before hers. And like I said, I'm the only guy she's dated in the last few years. Even when we weren't together, plenty of guys asked her out but she turned all of them down.

I bet she wants to tell you in person.... I am in a similar situation and I think that is what she is waiting for. It is what I am waiting for...

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I bet she wants to tell you in person.... I am in a similar situation and I think that is what she is waiting for. It is what I am waiting for...
    I really hope that you're right.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Really? People actually text this when they say I love you for the first time?

I just had my first "I'm too old" moment. Ugh.

That kind of stuff can be a deal breaker. I think it was a big mistake to say it over a text too. Girls will say "it won't change things" while they think it over for 1-2 weeks. Pay close attention to her behavior over the next week or so, see if she seems cold/reserved/different in any way than she was before.