+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A month to meet a girl from a dating site

A month to meet a girl from a dating site

I like to talk to a girl for about a month before I ask her to meet. Now this isn't every of communicating. If she lives in a different town a month to me is reasonable, if she lives in town, then I say about two weeks

Is a month to long though? I don't feel it is. I'm comfortable with it so we can both get to know each other a bit

you mean like meeting someone online, talking for a few weeks to a month and then meeting? to me that seems pointless. once you've gotten a rapport built up with the person you should pretty much look to meet in person asap imo. nothing imposing/intimidating, just like coffee/lunch or something of that sort.

Ya I agree too, you should meet up asap if you like the person. You go out on a date THEN you get to know them. Getting to know them in person is way better than over the net, because over the net most of your impression of them is developed by imagination and not reality. So when you do finally meet up there's disappointment because your expectations are so high. Ya waiting is stupid, and well it gives someone else to get to them first, and snatch them up before you do.
    Last edited by smackie9; 28-09-11 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ya I agree too, you should meet up asap if you like the person. You go out on a date THEN you get to know them. Getting to know them in person is way better than over the net, because over the net most of your impression of them is developed by imagination and not reality. So when you do finally meet up there's disappointment because your expectations are so high. Ya waiting is stupid, and well it gives someone else to get to them first, and snatch them up before you do.
    I understand wanting to meet asap, but if I contact a girl and she says Id like to chat with ya wouldn't mind getting to know you, I take that as she would like to send some messages back and forthe getting to know each other

yeah and remember most women sound slimer on the internet than they actually are in reality. I found this out to my cost. I spent 6 months taking to this bird online and then when i met her it cost me 49 bucks in mcdonalds, lol. Shouldnt laugh , wasnt that funny at the time. Mind you i still pumped her, dirty swine that i am, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    yeah and remember most women sound slimer on the internet than they actually are in reality. I found this out to my cost. I spent 6 months taking to this bird online and then when i met her it cost me 49 bucks in mcdonalds, lol. Shouldnt laugh , wasnt that funny at the time. Mind you i still pumped her, dirty swine that i am, lol.
    You have no dignity! hahahaha!

There's nothing wrong with some chatting, but not a month's worth. If it's a month or more the interest isn't really there then. So it is best not to invest all your time on one, chat with many, and I encourage you to ask many out on dates. You are not obligated to be faithful to anyone over the internet.

i meet my ex online and we hit it off fast, we lived like 4hours away from eachother and we were 17 so it made it slightly harder to meet so we spent most of our time chatting and calling eachother. we meet after a month (and his nana lives a few houses down the road lol) id say whenever feels right

Date locally......there problem solved.

I'm of the opinion you should meet face to face as soon as possible. If your intention is a serious relationship than you're starting on the wrong ground with the online thing.

Quote Originally Posted by georgesmith8 View Post
    I understand wanting to meet asap, but if I contact a girl and she says Id like to chat with ya wouldn't mind getting to know you, I take that as she would like to send some messages back and forthe getting to know each other
    If you exceed 5 messages and there is no hinting plan on meeting, just forget it. I agreed to meet my current gf after just 5 minutes of chatting, and it was a good decision to do it as fast as I did. . .she was already planning on meeting someone else from the dating site too. Shows you how quickly you can lose someone online if you don't act fast.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yeah, I suggest chatting for a day or two at most...then meeting in person. What's the point in not? Id rather get to know them by being with them rather than just messages.

Quote Originally Posted by leilee View Post
    Yeah, I suggest chatting for a day or two at most...then meeting in person. What's the point in not? Id rather get to know them by being with them rather than just messages.
    I agree 100%

meet sooner then later, waiting a month is BS. know how many other dates she can get to go on while you wait for a message. internet dating is like ebay auctions...never forget that.

I agree with most on here.

If you are looking for a relationship, it is really pointless talking to someone for a month! You have far better feel about the person face to face. Online chats create nothing but a figment of your own imagination.