+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He still texts after break up?

He still texts after break up?

So my boyfriend broke up with me. He's been going through a lot lately and isn't working. He said the relationship didn't feel right anymore so we called it quits. He said if he feels on top again and wanting a girlfriend, I"m the first and only on the list.
    NOW - he's still texting me every once in a while. He texted me a couple days after the break up to see if I was ok. A week later he texted me just asking how's it goin? I responded asked how he was. He responded. Said he felt like a zombie. I replied I"m sorry. I know how tough that is.
    I think that's the end of the conversation.
    I feel like he just wants someone to talk to but that was the end of the conversation. And as happy as I am to hear from him, to know I"m still on his mind...I'm confused. He asked me to back off. I have. Now he's texting me. Not much, mind you, but still texting on occasion.
    Guys - what's up with that?

Ask him directly, "You asked me to back off but you keep texting me. Why do you do this?"

Maybe he thinks he can keep you as a "backup" in case in current relationship(s) fizzles out. Don't be someone's second choice or backup option. Life is too short to be playing yo-yo or head games with someone. If you haven't already, delete his number from your phone and ignore him altogether.

He said the relationship didn't feel right anymore so we called it quits.
    That's a pretty vague reason to break up with someone. Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. Do you think a confused person is the best person to date right now?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

booty text?

Do you really want to be on a waiting list? You aren't exactly waiting for a table at Cheddar's. Just move on and forget about him.