+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

When during our relationship my ex used to ask me " you will never leave me right? No matter what?" and of course i would say "no i will never leave you" which wasnt really a lie i loved her. But then she leaves me when she finds out i have a flaw that she doesnt wanna deal with but ive always dealt with hers. What does this really mean?

shes evil.

Well ya but was she afraid of me leaving her so she figured she would leave first to not feel the rejection? Maybe she was insecure about our relationship? Ive had NC for 5 weeks immediatley following the break up but thinking about breaking it just to ask her wat was the real reason for her leaving me. Its killing me not knowing the real reason

fck her dude. birds that say that "you will never leave me" shit, are 40% more likely to kill their partners. You had a lucky escape...

So everybody tells me. Too bad my heart is telling me otherwise. I really feel like shit

It sounds to me like she was very insecure. I can't psychoanalyze her without hearing her side of it, obviously, but what do you do if you're terrified someone'll break your heart? Eventually it gets scarier and scarier until it feels like it might already be happening. So you panic, find some flaw that makes sense, and break their heart before they can hurt yours.

That just lines up with what happened, to me. Maybe she's really guilty about it because she knows it wasn't fair to you, but she was too insecure about her own feelings or yours to stay in the relationship. But I'm not saying that's what happened, and I hope things get better for you and you come to understand things in a way that helps!

it makes sense seeing that she had a previous relationship where the guy left her and she was crushed. it really sucks cuz i was making plans to spend the rest of my life with her as i was planning a proposal soon. i realize i made mistakes in the relationship to make her feel insecure about it. i was never open enough with her to feel secure. i really hope i feel better soon cuz i feel so guilty making her feel that way when i really didnt want to. she was my first love but hopefully not the last...

simple - that she was never worth it in the first place..